Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does Ray have any expectations, or does he get a pass forever?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    I'd like to see us recruit true centers -- and transition Black into Roquez's role in the 4. He'd excel more in that role IMO. Has shown glimpses of ability to shoot it...

Of the guys listed, only Lawrence Roberts was elite as a true freshman. And he was at Baylor at the time. The rest of them matured into tremendous players and showed promise early on certainly...
    Well we got a 6'10 Ndoye for that role, he's just not able to contribute much for now. Of course probably not many 6'10-7' guys that can play immediatedly that will accept our current level of "scholarship offer".

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    You are literally applying Stricklin's job to basketball only. Open your eyes and look at everything else he's done with athletics. Did he make a mistake with basketball? Yeah, but to call for his job because he messed up a hire in 1 of the 20 sports teams he's over is ridiculous.
    You're gawd damn right I am. You would too if it was baseball or football that SS took three gigantic shits on in a row. Basketball must be treated like a co-#1 to be successful.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    2 of those 4 were transfers.. That's what we have to get next year, a transfer or 2. They don't even have to be eligible next year although would be nice to get a graduate from a mid major or somewhere with some skills that wants to play one year in the SEC . Just look at Mason at Auburn. Transfered from Nigera. And is a huge contributor for them..
    Look at Kennedy.. I think they have 4 transfers that all contribute for them this year.
    Ray doesn't believe in signing transfers. Must be the case since he's missed out on over 1,800 of them. It's one of those castration rules that Ray put on his team that SS got full wood over and hired him. "No AAU, No transfers". We are the suck and we will suck the most honorable way. Our suck is above signing sleezy transfers. We'd rather suck.

vCash
    Yall put me on record. He gets another year. From a source that signs rr's contracts.

Im not saying it is right. Again, we could lose 10 in a row and that change but this has been the stance the past 3 yeArs and was still the stance up to two weeks ago. Im not asking every 3 days for message board heroes.

Take it or leave it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces High View Post
    Yall put me on record. He gets another year. From a source that signs rr's contracts.

Im not saying it is right. Again, we could lose 10 in a row and that change but this has been the stance the past 3 yeArs and was still the stance up to two weeks ago. Im not asking every 3 days for message board heroes.

Take it or leave it.
    This man knows of which he speaks
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    When it's time for Ray to go -- Strick will send him on his way IMO.
    It reads like you are claiming omniscience.
    The Plantation has never won an SEC regular season Championship in ANY men's sport with an integrated team. That defines irrelevance.

vCash
    If he left tomorrow it would be too late. If he was gone it would take the next coach 24 hr to teach us to inbound the basketball.

vCash
    Giving him the 4th year is pure lunacy but it seems that's what's going to happen. This is just like Muschamp at Florida -- it was obvious after Year 3 that he needed to go, but Foley was so tied up in his "brilliant" hire to admit it. Had to wait for the Year 4 tanking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Fillmore View Post
    It reads like you are claiming omniscience.
    I guess you need an explanation of what IMO stands for. And where I claimed to be inside his head as you did.

Feel free to list examples of why you think Ray has a lifetime contract with Stricklin -- since I already listed a bunch of far more "MSU" people that he's sent packing, many of which actually had success in their past.
    Last edited by engie; 02-11-2015 at 09:27 PM.

vCash
    This story is very easy to predict:

- we finish with 2 more conference wins (6-12) and we bring Ray back for year 4 dividing the fanbase on this decision
    - we do not sign Malik. he goes to Kentucky and has LSU as a back up plan if a couple of the UK guys decide to return
    - Roq Johnson and Bloodman leave.
    - Ray returns 4 Senior starters and Ready for 2015-2106 campaign
    - Strugg, Tookie, and Weatherspoon join the team
    -we win around 20 games and lose 1st round in the NIT
    - the administration, athletic department, and Ray supporters go all out that Ray is the guy and he has turned the corner
    - Thomas, Ware, Sword, and Daniels exhausted their eligibility
    - Ray comes back for 2016-2017 campaign
    - we finish 13-18 (5-13) with a couple of bad non conference losses and similar games where just just do not show up offensively
    - this time around Stricklin's hand is forced and the ones who were never in the Ray camp to begin with get the last laugh as Ray is relieved of his duties

vCash
    You weren't stating the obvious. You were stating your opinion
    Be still my soul, its a messageboard.

You were stating your opinion which presumes to know Stricklin's thought process. A process none of us actually know..... I remember that thought process like it was yesterday.
    So you know Stricklin's thought process but everyone else has an opinion.

But yesterday you said MSU doesn't lose recruits near Starkville, even though we've some good recruits from Noxubee. We all know that Noxubee is waaaay away from Starkville. So far away that Starkville High had an arrangement with Noxubee to play their home games at Noxubee if their messed up field wasn't ready in time for this past season.

I'm hoping that by my pointing out how goofy some of your statements are that I can earn my way onto the glorious "blocked" list that you tout from time to time.
    Last edited by M.Fillmore; 02-11-2015 at 10:13 PM. Reason: typo fix
    The Plantation has never won an SEC regular season Championship in ANY men's sport with an integrated team. That defines irrelevance.