Thread: Basketball season is over

vCash

Basketball season is over

At least for me it is. I've defended ray and defended him, but there was no excuse for losing tonight.

Thank God this team manned up a few weeks to get me to baseball. Baseball is here and I'm not subjecting myself to anymore of that garbage we've displayed the last 2 games.

vCash
    You certainly have, Why?

vCash
    I want us to succeed with whoever our coach is. I was really hoping we had turned a corner

vCash
    If he is allowed another year, then he needs to get a good assistant, who knows how to develop and run an offense, because apparently this coaching staff knows nothing about offensive basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    If he is allowed another year, then he needs to get a good assistant, who knows how to develop and run an offense, because apparently this coaching staff knows nothing about offensive basketball.
    The sad thing is that if anyone has been really watching his coaching and the players from game to game and year to year, you would have known the obvious: he is a poor teacher of fundamental bb, a poor teacher of offensive sets and that not only are we essentially talentless, but we have no bb IQ. Its as if these guys had never seen real team bb. We shoot poorly, handle the ball poorly and cant get the ball to the right spot to the right shooter. All the while Ray talks about how difficult the task is. That's why I laugh when I saw folks acting like we had turned the corner. We play in a crappy league and whit a lot of effort, anyone can win a game here and there. We again shot in the mid thirties and had 3x more turnovers than assists. Simply put, we suck as a bb team and even though I believe that Ray will be back for another year next year (due the fact Stricklin would rather see us lose than admit he made a firing offense hire and he is dirt cheep), it will just put us back another year in trying to rebuild this program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Good luck finding a good assistant willing to take a job under a dead man walking HC. It's like muschamp trying to find an OC going into 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I want us to succeed with whoever our coach is. I was really hoping we had turned a corner

I am all for supporting a Coach. But the bottom line is can He win. When it becomes crystal clear he is a bust, then quit defending Him. If He was running your business you would have already dropped the hammer on Him. He had no track record fpr being head coach and he has done nothing in 3 years to support and idea that he can become a Head Coach in a power 5 Conf. His best players , he didn't even recruit and other players he had he ran them off. So Just Like Croom I want Him GONE. He will be gone, that is a given , so why mess around.