Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bama basketball thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm disappointed with this start. We're not a good offensive team, but we can execute better than this
    It's entirely possible (likely?) that this is the real us, and the 4-game stretch (UGA, UM, LSU, UT) was the anomaly.

vCash
    Between Sword and Roquez, the ball is turned over every other touch, between the two.

vCash
    Black can execute an entry pass better than our guards

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    10 turnovers to 1 assist. And 8 of those 10 have come from juniors/seniors.

That is awful.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    10 turnovers with 5 minutes left to play in 1st half. Horrid shooting on top of that.

vCash
    Just once. ONCE. I would love to see us skip the skipper in a zone. It is literally open against any zone. Skip it and skip it right back. Not hard. Haven't done that all year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    10 turnovers with 5 minutes left to play in 1st half. Horrid shooting on top of that.
    We should literally take the first marginally open shot we get. It'll be better than a turnover

vCash
    I swear, if we get run out of here by this Alabama team, what else is there to say? Really need to respond now.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    I swear, if we get run out of here by this Alabama team, what else is there to say? Really need to respond now.
    When's first pitch???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    We should literally take the first marginally open shot we get. It'll be better than a turnover
    We've done that the last 5 or so possessions, which was better to see than an eventual turnover, but unfortunately we're all BRICK CITY.

vCash
    This is the 2nd half I've watched in a couple years. While this is better than Saturdays effort we still look embarrassing. I'm pretty sure my 15 year old could beat anyone on our team in a game of horse. Why can't we shoot?

vCash
    Rick Ray from the huddle: "The offense will fix itself...." [camera pans away, to which he finishes..] "...because I sure as shit can't coach y'all to a solution".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Just once. ONCE. I would love to see us skip the skipper in a zone. It is literally open against any zone. Skip it and skip it right back. Not hard. Haven't done that all year
    Hey look!!! Ware skipped, we made two passes, got it right back to him, and got a 6 footer!!! We kinda did it!! And got a good shot. Missed, but got a good shot. Basketball isn't as Hard of a game as we make it

vCash
    Johnson is not a smart man

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Sword only one worth a damn tonight thus far.

ETA can I retract?

vCash
    How many times we gonna turn it over in a double team?? Be ****ing strong with the ball.

vCash
    Sword only one worth a damn tonight thus far.

ETA can I retract?
    8 pts but 4 TO's. He has to take better care of ball

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    We made one field goal in the final 10 minutes of that half. We had twice as many turnovers as total made shots in the entire half. Just pathetic offense. How in the hell are we only down 4? Bama must suck.

vCash

Sorry, gotta throw the BS flag ..

Blame Strick/Byrne. They enacted the reseating and pissed off the long time season ticket holders who lived close enough to Starkville to make mid week games.
    That just doesn't pass the smell test. State fans have supported MSU BB teams in the past and will in the future. The problem is NOT seating BUT rather the product on the floor.

Please explain 'how' the MSU Women's BB team continues to set home attendance records game after game in the same venue. So, folks that have spent $$ to get season tickets for the Men's team ... choose to sit at home ... while record number of 'fans' that have never attended a single women's game in the past ... show up to cheer on the #13 team in the nation ... and you blame Strick/Byrne 'reseating'.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    We are 320th in the nation in least turnovers per game. The closest team to us that isn't in a shit conference is Texas Tech at 296.