Thread: Better Call Saul (episode 1 spoilers)

vCash

Better Call Saul (episode 1 spoilers)

What did you think?

Started kinda like Breaking Bad. Guy down on his luck trying to make a living. He's a little dirty to start with because he's a lawyer. Then has to become dirtier to survive.

Took big stones (or greed) to be dirt broke and rip up a $26,000 check in a move for a much bigger payday. Felt bad for him when his client wouldn't go for blood. What was wrong with that client? Kept saying he'd get better. He must be on leave for cancer or something (another Breaking Bad parallel)...or maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

I laughed when he called the skaters' bluff, then recruited them later.

I liked it.

vCash
    I liked it too. Hopefully it steps up a few notches tonight

vCash
    I liked it. I think it gets better too as that episode was obviously setting things up. I like we are back when he started rather than where he left off in BB.

Turning the tables on the skaters was Saul genius. The very last scene was great. Setting up good for tonight.

vCash
    What channel /network is this on? (I have Directtv)
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    Amc... Not sure the actual channel number on directtv

vCash
    254. This is a great show.

vCash
    Watched both episodes last night.. set up to record series. The similarities to Breaking Bad are noticeable. I wonder if Jimmy actually becomes Saul later on..
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    What did you think?

Started kinda like Breaking Bad. Guy down on his luck trying to make a living. He's a little dirty to start with because he's a lawyer. Then has to become dirtier to survive.

Took big stones (or greed) to be dirt broke and rip up a $26,000 check in a move for a much bigger payday. Felt bad for him when his client wouldn't go for blood. What was wrong with that client? Kept saying he'd get better. He must be on leave for cancer or something (another Breaking Bad parallel)...or maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

I laughed when he called the skaters' bluff, then recruited them later.

I liked it.

he's not a client. Pretty sure it's Jimmy/Saul's father. He is a partner at that giant firm HHM. From what I gathered he has cancer or some other major illness and is taking time away from work. Jimmy/Saul is trying to get him to cash out his share of the company but Chuck doesn't want to because he thinks he's going to get over whatever he has and go back to work.

vCash
    Episode 2.... Was ok. To much tuco. I would like to see more non BB characters developed. The closing meeting with the Hispanic guy looks to be a good character. Will he get Jimmy to break bad? You know it.

vCash
    I didn't think I'd be interested, but I'll continue to watch for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    he's not a client. Pretty sure it's Jimmy/Saul's father. He is a partner at that giant firm HHM. From what I gathered he has cancer or some other major illness and is taking time away from work. Jimmy/Saul is trying to get him to cash out his share of the company but Chuck doesn't want to because he thinks he's going to get over whatever he has and go back to work.
    The way I took it was that the guy went nuts and has some sort of electric phobia.. you know, like tin foil hat crazy... "did you ground yourself before you came in?"
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    The way I took it was that the guy went nuts and has some sort of electric phobia.. you know, like tin foil hat crazy... "did you ground yourself before you came in?"

could be right. I just assumed cancer and he's trying all the crackpot healing methods which is why he has no electricity and threw the cell phone in the yard.

Banned
    vCash
    It's something to do with electromagnetism. I've never heard of this type of illness before.

Edit: he has electromagnetic hypersensitivity and probably has cancer from it.

http://www.best-emf-health.com/elect...nsitivity.html
    Last edited by Dawg61; 02-12-2015 at 06:24 PM.

vCash
    Ah, learned a lot tonight.. Chuck is the upstanding lawyer brother that went nuts... Now we know where Mike came from...

This is gonna get good.. It's the other side of the story we didn't know about... I think he meets Water and Jesse in season 2 or 3....
    cautiously optimistic