Thread: NBA Games....Read this thread!

vCash

NBA Games....Read this thread!

I have to start this post by saying I really could care less for the NBA. I don't think I've watched a game since Michael Jordan retired. I would rather watch a Lifetime movie than watch an NBA game.

Fast forward up to a couple of weeks ago. My son is 15 years old and plays basketball. He loves watching NBA games and is a huge Mavericks fan. His 2nd favorite team is the Pelicans. All of his friends are Pelicans fans. So, my wife and I (she hates NBA basketball), decided to take my son and his friends to watch the Pelicans vs the Mavericks on 1-25-15. I ended up buying 8 tickets at mid court on the 15th row! We went early that day and took everyone to the aquarium and out to eat before the game.

Now the game....That's the most fun any of us have had in a very long time!!!!! Myself, my wife, and my son had ordered Mavericks shirts that we wore to the game. I took the boys to the Fan store before the game so they could all get Pelicans shirts. The atmosphere is great. Not intense like a college football game but just a really fun atmosphere. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it just blew me away. The people were great! The players are incredible. Monta Ellis is a beast!!! He scored 37 in a losing effort. The game went to overtime and the Pelicans won by 2. The entertainment was very good and fun. During timeouts there is always something going on. The music was good. They had bleeped out foul language because it was packed with families.

All in all it was a great experience. My wife and I have decided that we will go to 2-3 games at least every year because of how much fun we had. Hell, I might even watch a few on TV with my son now!

Anyway, I know there are plenty of people out there that think like I did before going to this game. I now look at the NBA differently. It's a great form of entertainment and a sport filled with tremendous athletes. There is no telling how many people it employs and helps make a living. Security, food services, etc...

vCash
    I try to go to at least one Hawks game a year. Always enjoy it. I like any sporting event though. We go to a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I try to go to at least one Hawks game a year. Always enjoy it. I like any sporting event though. We go to a lot.
    I can't tell you enough how much fun we had. I can't wait to go back!

vCash
    If you ever get the chance go to a Grizz game. Great atmosphere. The NBA is way ahead the NFL in terms of "at the game" experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    If you ever get the chance go to a Grizz game. Great atmosphere. The NBA is way ahead the NFL in terms of "at the game" experience.
    I'm certainly on board.