Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: THE Walking Dead thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Morgan!!!!
    Jedi Morgan!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I wasn't all that impressed.

vCash
    I thought it was a great season finale. Sets up great for a war next season between Alexandria and the Wolves. You have Sasha and the preacher man finally getting their heads straight, Rick winning over the group, a shocked Morgan that just watched Rick execute a man in front of the man's wife, Cray Cray Carol, and we now know who the Wolves are. It's set up to be a great season with Rick being the enforcer and Deanna now having the conviction to rule with an iron fist.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    My question, are there just 2 Wolves, or is this a big group?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    My question, are there just 2 Wolves, or is this a big group?
    I was wondering the same thing. Those 2 guys are batshit crazy though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Almost makes you wonder how those two could pull all of this off by themselves. I was not impressed by their encounter with Morgan. Even before went Samuel L. Jackson (Master Windu) on them, I was just not concerned about them.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I ****ing LOVED the season finale. Rick finally unlocks Boss Mode after putting it away for awhile. I'll admit, killing Pete was pretty monstrous, but you knew it was coming. And with Pete killing Deanna's husband, at least you can pretend it was done for the right reasons. Even if we the audience know part of him did it so he can hook up with Jessie.

The Nicholas-Glenn encounter was solid. Looks like maybe they've worked out their differences, even though it took Glenn getting shot. Also nice to see Maggie stepping up to do something besides provide eye candy for the first time in forever.

I really liked how they slow played Morgan's story over the course of the season. You know those Wolves clowns weren't going to kill him. It would've been a waste of a character that they've spent too much time hinting he'd eventually catch up with Rick. But like everyone else, I'm wondering when he trained at the Jedi Temple. He's a complete badass with that quarterstaff. They had me fooled thinking he was the guy in the red poncho that Darryl and Aaron were chasing. Then to have Morgan show up just in time to see Rick execute Pete.....Holy. Shit. Especially after we saw the note on his map that "the world will need Rick Grimes." Gotta think that's going to taint his view of Rick and all the time he spent tracking him down, especially with Rick looking all crazy after his fight with the Walker.

There have to be more than 2 Wolves. No way the two clowns we saw could set up that trap, carve the W into all the Walkers we've seen over the course of the season, etc. I'm pretty stoked for the eventual showdown between them and Rick's group at Alexandria. I'm mostly surprised no one died in the finale. I figured we'd lose at least one major character.

It's going to be a long damn 7 month wait for season 6 to start in October.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Morgan must have raided a Shao Lin monestary or something and studied up on all that to become someone who respects all life but is trained to take it from you in the blink of an eye. The next season needs to open up with Rick banging Jesse over the kitchen counter still covered in walked blood.

I do think there are more than two wolves. Those two were probably the ones exiled from the group and they started their own group. I don't think those two could enter a community like where Noah's family lived and take all of them out. I just wonder if they will stretch that out all season and have the final showdown be next year's season finale or end it sooner. Guess it could make a mid season finale.

I was surprised that Beth was the only main character to get killed this season. Makes me think they may make up for that next season. Or it could be that they caught so much backlash from killing her off they are taking a break from offing main characters. If they are staying in Alexandria next season they now have a huge stock of minor characters they can kill off at their leisure.

Banned
    vCash
    Sorry but Maggie ain't doing much for me in the eye candy area. Especially when she starts talking. Bloody Brits sound like wankas when they fake an American Southern accent. We need some upgrades. Beth was hotter than Maggie. They killed the wrong sister.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Sorry but Maggie ain't doing much for me in the eye candy area. Especially when she starts talking. Bloody Brits sound like wankas when they fake an American Southern accent. We need some upgrades. Beth was hotter than Maggie. They killed the wrong sister.
    Can't argue with that. That may be why Daryl is always acting so mad. He came within about two more swings of moonshine from being able to tap that when she got kidnapped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    They had guns and Morgan only had a stick and he whipped their arshes. I think there are a group of them considering the wide spread the Zombies with the W are spread out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Come on you know you would hit it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Come on you know you would hit it.
    First night on the farm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They had guns and Morgan only had a stick and he whipped their arshes. I think there are a group of them considering the wide spread the Zombies with the W are spread out.
    The guns didn't have ammo though. It was just used for intimidation until the other guy could creep up behind him and club him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Hail yeah! Way to take charge Michonne. Rick can try to convince himself he means well but he's been thinking with his dong for several episodes now.

He and Deanna are both wrong. She can't just look the other way and if Rick wants to be constable then lock Pete in a basement somewhere, figure out some way to have some sort of process and then lock him up a couple of years or some suitable time. You'be got be hard when dealing with the outside world but you Don't digress to murdering a man to take his wife. It's monstrous. So was Pete but punish him Don't murder him when you're real motivation (as revealed by Rick's own mouth) is p___y.
    Set up a prison in a subsistence society? I know somebody who's not going to be invited to be in my group after the zombie apocalypse.

Also, with something like 99% of the population killed off and made into zombies, I can forgive Rick if Judeo/Christian ethics don't seem very compelling to him and he just wants some ass. I'm thinking the zombie apocalypse might shake a lot of people's faith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I just wonder if they will stretch that out all season and have the final showdown be next year's season finale or end it sooner. Guess it could make a mid season finale.
    They need to find a middle ground. They didn't get nearly enough out of the Terminus story line to me. But they also can't spend an entire season foreshadowing a conflict that only happens in the last few episodes. Ideally, they'd bring the wolves story line to a close over the first half season while also setting up the major conflict for the second half of the season. That may burn through material too quickly though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    It's going to be a long damn 7 month wait for season 6 to start in October.
    But not quite as long until Fear the Walking Dead, which comes out this summer, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    But not quite as long until Fear the Walking Dead, which comes out this summer, right?
    there's a spin off coming?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    there's a spin off coming?
    Sometime this summer. They've already committed to season one airing this summer and season two airing next summer. It's going to start in Los Angelos in the time where the epidemic was taking off, so sort of a prequel spin off although obviously it won't take long to catch up to where the Walking Dead started. They've also announced at least one actor from the Walking Dead that will be making an appearance. Can't remember who.

vCash
    It will be interesting to see what character since Fear the Walking Dead is going to be set in Los Angeles. Bob maybe?