Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Walking Dead thread

Banned
    vCash
    This show is boring yet I still watch. Bunch of depressed sad mofos in this show. It's getting old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Really hope this episode is better than the previous 2 this season. Show is losing steam it seems...
    I think it's too early to say that. It's definitely not losing steam compared to the season at the farm, even if it keeps this pace. Presumably it's following the same pace as earlier, a show or two that's fairly slow b/c it focuses on characters and developing the background for a future conflict, and then a show that's got some action.

I do hope they don't do any more episodes like Tyrese's; that was fine as a one-off but they can't do a show like that, then a show or two as a set-up, and then provide some action. I don't think viewers would stand for that at this point.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm syked for next week. sunday night left me hangin' . Rick is one paranoid dude, but I guess he has the right to be based on past experiences. someone help me out. the last time they went to a "camp", the shit hit the fan. what exactly was wrong with that camp? I remember them being jailed in a train car. how did that shit end? what was the problem with those leaders of that camp? and what the 17 is up with that hospital in the ATL with that head police bitch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm syked for next week. sunday night left me hangin' . Rick is one paranoid dude, but I guess he has the right to be based on past experiences. someone help me out. the last time they went to a "camp", the shit hit the fan. what exactly was wrong with that camp? I remember them being jailed in a train car. how did that shit end? what was the problem with those leaders of that camp? and what the 17 is up with that hospital in the ATL with that head police bitch?
    train camp was a group that mutilated people like cattle and ate them I think. they escaped thanks to Carol.

the hospital is where Beth died during a "prisoner" exchange. they basically held people captive and made them "work off" their hospital bills after they came to "save" them. There was a power struggle in that group that had split them in two, but they weren't all crazy bad people like the other camp.

The governors city was ok too, but they had the group that went out and killed groups for resources. most people in the community didn't realize it. I suspect "Alexandria" may be something similar to that... good appearance initially but some really nasty stuff going on behind the scenes. I don't know that. Just speculation based on what I've seen so far.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    train camp was a group that mutilated people like cattle and ate them I think. they escaped thanks to Carol.

the hospital is where Beth died during a "prisoner" exchange. they basically held people captive and made them "work off" their hospital bills after they came to "save" them. There was a power struggle in that group that had split them in two, but they weren't all crazy bad people like the other camp.

The governors city was ok too, but they had the group that went out and killed groups for resources. most people in the community didn't realize it. I suspect "Alexandria" may be something similar to that... good appearance initially but some really nasty stuff going on behind the scenes. I don't know that. Just speculation based on what I've seen so far.
    I'm guessing the "bad" people will end up being Rick and the group not the people in Alexandria.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'm guessing the "bad" people will end up being Rick and the group not the people in Alexandria.

My theory is that whoever did all the damage in the town from episode 1 will be the bad group, not whoever is in Alexandria.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Provided they stick with the overall theme of the show, you're probably right. It's going highlight the balance between staying human and staying effective/safe. Judging from the scout, I'm guessing that Rick's group will be tilted to the effective/safe side of the line, and the new group will be tilted toward the human side. Assuming the show is going to go on beyond this season without shifting it's focus entirely to the new group, I'm guessing the new group's outlook will prove to be Pollyanaish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Provided they stick with the overall theme of the show, you're probably right. It's going highlight the balance between staying human and staying effective/safe. Judging from the scout, I'm guessing that Rick's group will be tilted to the effective/safe side of the line, and the new group will be tilted toward the human side. Assuming the show is going to go on beyond this season without shifting it's focus entirely to the new group, I'm guessing the new group's outlook will prove to be Pollyanaish.
    I could see that, and if done correctly, that would be a very compelling story line. I also think they may have a 3rd party trying to attack them outside the walls and the trust factor between the two groups could hinder their ability to effectively stay safe from the outside group. Could be a lot of angles at play in this season. With all the main characters dropping like flies you know they have to introduce some new people too.

vCash
    I felt that gang got way too trusting being recorded and letting all of their thoughts and feelings flow. Maybe not a problem. Just seemed strange to unload in front of strangers you don't completely trust.

What the hell was the girl doing climbing the wall and taking a hike alone? Was she the one that took Rick's hidden gun?

The haircutter is married. Damn. Husband doesn't seem very welcoming.

Good episode. Loved the end. "If they don't work out, we'll take this place."

vCash
    I like how Carol is playing her interview and How she looking all clumsy when she stacked her gun--Jr League--Right. Why are fence braces on the outside? How long before Daryl takes a shower? Give up your Guns --Hell no. What about the 2nd amendment

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I like how Carol is playing her interview and How she looking all clumsy when she stacked her gun--Jr League--Right. Why are fence braces on the outside? How long before Daryl takes a shower? Give up your Guns --Hell no. What about the 2nd amendment
    Well...during Talking Dead they said that they actually had to build everything to code since they are filming in an actual residential area. So they had to build the braces on the outside to keep it to code and keep it safe around the kids in the neighborhood. Strange, but that's the reason.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Braces on outside would be if walkers came up to the gates. It wouldn't be effective against people trying to break in.

vCash
    I think the two people the mayor said she kicked out of the community will end up being the ones to attack the compound. I figured it was one of them that took the gun. I loved how Darrell did his interview still holding the possum he shot.

vCash
    After last night's episode, I trust Deana. I think she has good intentions and does want the group to be part of the community. The conflict is going to come from the other members not wanting to accept the group, like we saw last night and I still think there is going to be another group that is the main "evil". They put too much into the walkers cut in half and the W's carved in their heads for that to not mean something. We aren't talking about True Detective here.

Anyone watch Talking Dead? What was the "easter egg we may have missed"
    Last edited by jumbo; 03-02-2015 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    Maybe the deal at Alexandria is that weaker people get exiled. Those 2 dudes on the patrol with Rick are in the habit of acting badass so they don't get cut. Maybe it's a dichotomy where you have to be civil inside but badass enough to defend the community from the outside and politely maintain control inside.

And maybe it's like Saban's football roster with a limited population where they always look for better people and cut the weaker ones.

vCash
    I think the "easter egg" had to do with Rick's new badge. It had something like"We shall rise again" inscribed on it in Latin.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSME04 View Post
    I think the "easter egg" had to do with Rick's new badge. It had something like"We shall rise again" inscribed on it in Latin.
    I thought the easter egg was the walker who had his skin torn off was the same actor who killed Merle.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    You may be right, but I think the Gov said something about rising again to Andrea/Michonne (sp). I thought it was making a link between Woodberry and Alexandrea.

vCash
    The second half of the season has definitely been slow so far. I still don't know what Alexandria's angle is. Rick is definitely losing his humanity and on the verge of going over to the dark side. He's just one incredibly paranoid dude right now. It would be ironic if he is the one to ruin a perfectly good living situation because he can't accept that there are people left who aren't trying to play them.

Sucks that the stylist is married. I was definitely feeling the sparks between her and Rick. Methinks a showdown with the husband is in the not too distant future.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I'm still loving the show. Daryl is a beast!!!