Thread: EPL Update Thread.....

vCash

EPL Update Thread.....

My two teams, Hull City and Man City squared off at the Etihad this morning. Hull controlled the game and looked to have the upset of the season in hand. But a questionable yellow card against Tom Huddleston led to an equalizer off a free kick by James Milner. And of course, Alan MacGregor continues to be a liability on set pieces with terrible positioning, leaving the corner wide open for Milner to stick it in. Hull gets a much needed point, but fails to pull off what would have been a miracle win.

WMD personal note: If Hull could get healthy, they'd be hell to deal with. The injuries they've sustained have absolutely gutted the team and sabotaged the season. It would be a minor miracle to avoid relegation at this point.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    The Merseyside Derby about to start on NBC. We are playing better but still aren't where we need to be. Hard to believe this is Gerrard's last Derby.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Well my Foxes are struggling right now, as we currently hold the #20 slot on the table. We sit 2 points behind the next slot, and lack 3 points to get out of relegation. The Foxes faced off against Crystal Palace today in football action. The first half saw no scoring for either half, and seems to be the common thread with all Leicester City matches. The second half, however, wasn't as kind to the Foxes. At the 55' mark, Crystal Palace's Joe Ledley headed one in from close range after a corner kick to give Crystal Palace a 1-0 advantage. They ended up winning the match in King Power Stadium, and the rumblings in Leicester City are growing stronger. With the transfer period closed, it looks like we will have to work with what we have.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    A last minute goal Mane put the Saints (Southampton) on top of QPR. Putting us back in 3rd, after a silly loss to Swansea last weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxedOutMaroon View Post
    A last minute goal Mane put the Saints (Southampton) on top of QPR. Putting us back in 3rd, after a silly loss to Swansea last weekend.
    Nothing silly about losing to the Swans. #Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The Merseyside Derby about to start on NBC. We are playing better but still aren't where we need to be. Hard to believe this is Gerrard's last Derby.
    Still trying to adjust to thinking of him not wearing red. Huge get for MLS though.

My team, burnley, are barely in the relegation zone at 18th, and play west bromide tomorrow. I think we will go down, sadly.

My real team, Real Madrid, lost 4-0 to Atletico Madrid today sadly. We have two center backs hurt and lost Sami Khedira today at halftime. We are really hurting right now. Lot of injuries right now, but still top of La Liga.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Still trying to adjust to thinking of him not wearing red. Huge get for MLS though.

My team, burnley, are barely in the relegation zone at 18th, and play west bromide tomorrow. I think we will go down, sadly.

My real team, Real Madrid, lost 4-0 to Atletico Madrid today sadly. We have two center backs hurt and lost Sami Khedira today at halftime. We are really hurting right now. Lot of injuries right now, but still top of La Liga.
    You still have the best player in the world, though. Has his goal scoring streak finally cooled off? He was on a ridiculous pace the first couple of months that would shatter the single season record for goals scored.

As for injuries, I feel your pain. Virtually every major signing Hull made in the transfer period(s) has missed time with injury. Hell, I don't think Snodgrass made it more than one half before going down for the season. Looks like we're getting Mo Diame back soon, which will be huge. He was by far our best player prior to his injury.

And after checking the table, Hull is just outside the relegation zone at 17. We're tied with your Burnley club in points, but win the tie breaker on goal differential. I'll be ecstatic if Hull can survive the injuries and avoid being relegated.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post

He will be good for a few years in MLS but his EPL run was coming to an end. He can still play, but not at the level he has always played at. He is 34.

vCash
    The Derby was a bore draw by the way.