Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cory Helms to South Carolina

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So where was miggins this weekend?

How'd moton's visit at mizzou go?

I've given up on Leo
    I know Miggins was at KY and I was thinking Moton was going to A&M this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    (he also said we would end up with Helms)
    Just another reason I have zero confidence in getting Lewis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Miggins went to Kentucky I think
    PJ crystal balled Moton to us tonight (he also said we would end up with Helms)
    He did not say we would end up with Helms. He liked where we stood but said multiple times he wanted to hear what he said after the So Car visit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I know Miggins was at KY and I was thinking Moton was going to A&M this weekend.
    I can't imagine us losing a guy to UK unless Calipari has been hired as an assistant coach.

Moton went to Mizzou, not worried about them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I can't imagine us losing a guy to UK unless Calipari has been hired as an assistant coach.

Moton went to Mizzou, not worried about them.
    Z. Smith chose them. Hopefully miggins doesn't

vCash
    Maybe he saw more competition at Msu and he chose SC for that reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Z. Smith chose them. Hopefully miggins doesn't
    I don't think UK is going to hire PRCC's DL coach to get Miggins.

So, I don't like their chances.

vCash
    I was just told that Steve Robertson said this afternoon on his pay site that "Cory says he had a good visit at USC, but will be waiting until after his Penn state visit to announce a decision" (paraphrasing). Then about an hour later he committed to South Carolina, ha. Just another reason why paying for recruiting information is so stupid IMO.

I mean, either Steve has some horrible sources, Cory straight lied to him or his source, or Rosey straight made all that crap up. How could you be so wrong within an hour of the decision. It's comical to me. Haha, recruiting season and the "sources". Gotta love it.

Recruiting season is like Halloween except the goons are real and the candy is money.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-25-2015 at 08:08 PM.

vCash
    Ah man! Relax folks, there is probably another Elgton Jenkins type recruit or two out there that will sprung upon all of us on or near signing day. Probably some young men that we have never heard of and are completely surprised by. We will fill our needs nicely, this program is rolling now and taking care of recruiting business will become routine.
    ( By the way, coming from some folks that witness practices and s&c sessions, Elgton and Deion are coming along very nicely and will probably be in the 2-deep mix come fall camp. Folks are saying that they are the real jewels of the 2014 class )

vCash
    I don't think UK is going to hire PRCC's DL coach to get Miggins.

So, I don't like their chances.
    They did it once... Haha

vCash
    Is Nathan Gilliam still in play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I still don't get this to be honest. Columbia is literally only 2 hours closer than Wake Forest is to his grandmother. There are probably 20 D1 schools closer to his grandmother than that.

These types of waivers to get away from schools have become unpractical and don't quite make sense. If someone has a sick relative, there needs to be more strict rules on applying for waivers to be closer to that relative. MSU, OM, Arkansas, LSU, UGA, Ga Tech, UT, and Vandy are all power 5 programs that are at a minimum 3 hours closer.

He was I think 10 or 11 hours away from his grandmother at Wake Forest. Now he's 8 or 9 hours away. There should be zero reason he should get a waiver. And with her living in Mississippi, he narrowed his choice of schools to move closer to her to Penn State, SC, MSU, and Texas A&M. There is something very wrong with those choices in my opinion if he is applying for a waiver to be closer.

And this is not butt hurt about not getting him. This is about college football having a side very similar to college basketball where kids can bend the rules to transfer out of schools they don't like or away from coaches they don't like.
    I don't think anybody that knew what they were talking about expected him to get a waiver either place. Maybe if he had moved back home he could have gotten a waiver (not even sure that's a possibility if his grandmother didn't raise him), but I don't think there was ever a realistic possibility that he could get a waiver by moving to a place six hours away instead of 12 or whatever he is now.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    ?Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn?

The pic of hevesy needs the caption "Hey wanna be my friend?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Wow, that hurts. Hev loses another one. He has managed to win 1 recruiting battle in 6 years.

just curious, will you give Hev props when we sign Moton?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    just curious, will you give Hev props when we sign Moton?
    If Moton arrives in August, he will certainly deserve a ton of credit.

Then again, Hev's job is to coach the OL, and to me that is the most important part of his job, and last year he did a damn good job.

vCash
    If Moton arrives in August, he will certainly deserve a ton of credit.

Then again, Hev's job is to coach the OL, and to me that is the most important part of his job, and last year he did a damn good job.

I completely agree. But the common narrative is that Hevesy is a liability in recruiting. He was Moton's primary recruiter, and the reason he will sign with us.

vCash
    I completely agree. But the common narrative is that Hevesy is a liability in recruiting. He was Moton's primary recruiter, and the reason he will sign with us.
    No, the narrative is that we aren't recruiting the OL position as good as we need to. And Hevesy is the OL coach. Everyone knows Hevesy helped with Chris Jones and several other big recruits.....it is HIS POSITION that many of us question his recruiting on. Why aren't more of our top OL targets wanting to come and play for him. That is what people question. So no, Moton will do nothing for my perception of our OL recruiting since he plays DL. Rankin and our current class seems to be an improvement, but we are far from matching our OL recruiting with the rest of our recruiting.

Not trying to start this whole debate again, just wanted to make sure the "narrative" was accurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    No, the narrative is that we aren't recruiting the OL position as good as we need to. And Hevesy is the OL coach. Everyone knows Hevesy helped with Chris Jones and several other big recruits.....it is HIS POSITION that many of us question his recruiting on. Why aren't more of our top OL targets wanting to come and play for him. That is what people question. So no, Moton will do nothing for my perception of our OL recruiting since he plays DL. Rankin and our current class seems to be an improvement, but we are far from matching our OL recruiting with the rest of our recruiting.

Not trying to start this whole debate again, just wanted to make sure the "narrative" was accurate.
    I agree. Maybe Hevesy helped with Moton's recruiting, but Moton will be playing under Coach Turner, not Hevesy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I agree. Maybe Hevesy helped with Moton's recruiting, but Moton will be playing under Coach Turner, not Hevesy.
    He did a lot more than help with Moton. He is the main recruiter and the one that stayed with the young man this whole year while all the fans forgot about Moton. Yes it took the shake up at Bama but Hevesy is the reason we were in position to land him.

vCash
    Im not going to get into all the reasons why Moton is signing with us, but yes Hevesy played a role, so did other factors.

Lets not pretend that Hevesy just went head to head with the big boys and came back with Moton.