Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rick Ray

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Ray has to go. UGA had a guy score 37 ****ing points on us and make 7 3s. Shit like this is why Ray must go. He is way way way too late to spot the most obvious. He is stuck in his own head being clueless to what's happening in the now. WAKE THE **** UP RAY AND PUT FRED ON THE DUDE MAKING EVERYTHING!! It was stated earlier but the best time to let Ray go is at the end of this year. Grow a set of testicles Stricklin and do it.

According to that, fox should be fired too for letting a 6'7 power forward go for 25 and 11. The cat was hot, and if you don't realize how often that happens in basketball and that you just can't do anything about it, you're clueless. That's literally the worst argument I've ever heard for firing a coach.

ETA: he did put fred on him for a while. He kept scoring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    yeah- this is Fredo's big recruiting weekend so they were obviously going to be packed
    Ok, but did State pack the basketball on our 2 recruiting weekends? Not even close - and we use to. If I am not mistaken, the recruits were not even taken to the basketball game the 1st recruiting weekend. Nobody cares about basketball any more - and they use to because we won and had good players to watch.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdawg View Post
    Ok, but did State pack the basketball on our 2 recruiting weekends? Not even close - and we use to. If I am not mistaken, the recruits were not even taken to the basketball game the 1st recruiting weekend. Nobody cares about basketball any more - and they use to because we won and had good players to watch.
    Want to know another reason why Ole Miss had their stadium filled? The UF/OM game was for their tournament life. Joe Lunardi said before the game that whoever won that game still had a chance for the NCAAT, whoever lost was pretty much out of the tournament for the year.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Absolutely and not even close...Hell, Roq RS'ed

He red shirted because we had plenty of talent. We had the recruiter and a full roster. I'm still waiting on our Saviour Travis Daniels to be a real player. He was no where to be found down the stretch. Basically our players that are playing well now are are Stans recruits. I'll give Ray IJ, but He is still a huge defensive liability , how about his Man 7-7 from three.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    He red shirted because we had plenty of talent. We had the recruiter and a full roster. I'm still waiting on our Saviour Travis Daniels to be a real player. He was no where to be found down the stretch. Basically our players that are playing well now are are Stans recruits. I'll give Ray IJ, but He is still a huge defensive liability , how about his Man 7-7 from three.
    You keep bringing up Frazier who literally had the game of his life. WHY? Ready has been a huge reason why we won those two games. Frazier went absolutely insane yesterday, and there was literally nothing we could have done to stop him. Now stop bringing up Frazier in this argument, okay? Yes...he went 7-7 from deep, but do you really think when someone is just that ****ing insane you're going to stop them? No...in a situation like that, you just hope he doesn't stay hot throughout the whole game. When you're hot, you're hot.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    According to that, fox should be fired too for letting a 6'7 power forward go for 25 and 11. The cat was hot, and if you don't realize how often that happens in basketball and that you just can't do anything about it, you're clueless. That's literally the worst argument I've ever heard for firing a coach.

ETA: he did put fred on him for a while. He kept scoring.
    Dudy at one point I liked you as a poster. That day has long passed. The point I'm making is that Ray is too slow to react TO ANYTHING. He's not a proactive coach and that's probably because he's still wearing diapers in his coaching career.

Calling me clueless and saying "that's literally the worst argument I've ever heard" has the gloves off for me dickhead.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    You keep bringing up Frazier who literally had the game of his life. WHY? Ready has been a huge reason why we won those two games. Frazier went absolutely insane yesterday, and there was literally nothing we could have done to stop him. Now stop bringing up Frazier in this argument, okay? Yes...he went 7-7 from deep, but do you really think when someone is just that ****ing insane you're going to stop them? No...in a situation like that, you just hope he doesn't stay hot throughout the whole game. When you're hot, you're hot.

No you stop him. The game becomes stopping Frazier. Put two guys on him. Foul him hard everytime he goes anywhere. Chip him into the stands. Trip him. Do whatever the hell it takes. "Just hope he doesn't stay hot" is a losing Rick Ray mentality.

vCash
    Dudy at one point I liked you as a poster. That day has long passed. The point I'm making is that Ray is too slow to react TO ANYTHING. He's not a proactive coach and that's probably because he's still wearing diapers in his coaching career.

Calling me clueless and saying "that's literally the worst argument I've ever heard" has the gloves off for me dickhead.
    61--ha ha. I think you are a basketball person- these 34 minions are the dumbasses. They Love Ray, then they Think Ray needs to be fired, then they win couple and now they might want Him back. Here is the deal-- Ray needs to go-- period. We had a chance to win the game down the stretch and he did nothing to help Us. He is coaching impaired. Ready goes down the court and tries to fancy dribble and loses the ball.

vCash
    No you stop him. The game becomes stopping Frazier. Put two guys on him. Foul him hard everytime he goes anywhere. Chip him into the stands. Trip him. Do whatever the hell it takes. "Just hope he doesn't stay hot" is a losing Rick Ray mentality.

THIS all day^^^^^^^€

vCash

Bummer that you don't like me..... As far as ray reacting to stuff, I've said multiple times in game threads that he sucks. Some guy going off and playing out of his mind while hitting shots from the bulldog logo is not his fault, just like us hitting a half court shot at FL or ready hitting a 30 footer to beat the shot clock is not due to him. Sometimes you Cant control stuff. I've also seen a handful of those things we used to do wrong be fixed the past three games, and tried to give him some credit for it. He isn't proactive, and isnt a good coach. He should be fired. I've said this many times. At the same time, he's a coach at MSU and if he wins a few games I'll try to give him credit and support the team bc I want us to succeed in everything. That won't happen w him as our coach, but If we are going to point out every flaw he has as a coach we need to acknowledge it when he does something right (like the last few games).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    61--ha ha. I think you are a basketball person- these 34 minions are the dumbasses. They Love Ray, then they Think Ray needs to be fired, then they win couple and now they might want Him back. Here is the deal-- Ray needs to go-- period. We had a chance to win the game down the stretch and he did nothing to help Us. He is coaching impaired. Ready goes down the court and tries to fancy dribble and loses the ball.
    Ray should be fired. Many of the "minions" you want to label people as have been saying it for weeks. I want him fired the day after we lose in round one of the SEC tourney

Banned
    vCash
    Bummer that you don't like me..... As far as ray reacting to stuff, I've said multiple times in game threads that he sucks. Some guy going off and playing out of his mind while hitting shots from the bulldog logo is not his fault, just like us hitting a half court shot at FL or ready hitting a 30 footer to beat the shot clock is not due to him. Sometimes you Cant control stuff. I've also seen a handful of those things we used to do wrong be fixed the past three games, and tried to give him some credit for it. He isn't proactive, and isnt a good coach. He should be fired. I've said this many times. At the same time, he's a coach at MSU and if he wins a few games I'll try to give him credit and support the team bc I want us to succeed in everything. That won't happen w him as our coach, but If we are going to point out every flaw he has as a coach we need to acknowledge it when he does something right (like the last few games).
    Keep the "clueless" and "literally the worst argument I've ever heard" comments to yourself and we'll get along just fine. I saw Frazier make one three that was Jimmer territory. Let's not act like he was Klay Thompson all of a sudden. Ray didn't do enough to cool him off if he did anything at all.

Banned
    vCash
    Ray should be fired. Many of the "minions" you want to label people as have been saying it for weeks. I want him fired the day after we lose in round one of the SEC tourney
    This is your best post of 2015.

vCash
    Keep the "clueless" and "literally the worst argument I've ever heard" comments to yourself and we'll get along just fine. I saw Frazier make one three that was Jimmer territory. Let's not act like he was Klay Thompson all of a sudden. Ray didn't do enough to cool him off if he did anything at all.
    I'll try to be less rude towards you.

As far as Frazier, he hit that, hit a few in transition when you don't exactly want guys popping threes unless their name is james harden (or you're that hot, at which point the players have to know that he needs to be the first person they look for on d in transition, something Im sure ray told them) and had a few circus shots in the lane. He was also 6-8 from the line, so unfortunately we couldn't hack-a-shaq him. The guy was flat out Unstoppable, and we still were down 1 in the last few minutes to a team getting top 25 votes. Ray should be gone, but yesterday wasn't his fault IMO, and we are playing much better due to some adjustments he's made 2 years too late

vCash

Okay ...

Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    I'm not arguing on the crowd, I'm arguing on the fact that the team is improving. Chicken is finally getting back healthy, and when we lost those games early Gavin didn't play. By the way, Roq had 24 and 11 today.
    I Watched the Ark State 'debacle'... and I guess you could say Gavin 'didn't play;' he had 4 Pts in 17 minutes.

Ark St
    20 Gavin Ware.......... f 1-5 0-0 2-2 2 2 4 0 4 0 1 0 0 17
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    I Watched the Ark State 'debacle'... and I guess you could say Gavin 'didn't play;' he had 4 Pts in 17 minutes.

Ark St
    20 Gavin Ware.......... f 1-5 0-0 2-2 2 2 4 0 4 0 1 0 0 17
    Pretty sure that's the game he got hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdawg View Post
    Well first, Dan and his staff don't do anything to try and bring alumni and fans into the involvement of recruiting. If he really put out word to the alumni associations and booster clubs within a 2 to 3 hour radius of Starkville of how important to our football program it was for them to be in town during a big official visit I bet there would be a LOT of folks show up that don't currently even with the poor basketball product we currently have. Second, we don't have ONE big recruiting weekend. We split ours up into the in-state guys and a different weekend for the out-of-state guys. You need to unify everything into one weekend if you want to have the big dog and pony show like OM has in Oxford.

vCash
    No. We forced Stands out because of the lack of discipline, drug problems, and all the off court drama. He wasnt fired because he only made the NIT
    This is called "changing the talking points" when the reality sets in that the new coach will probably never reach the level that was unacceptable from the previous coach.

vCash
    I'm not ready to give up on Ray yet. I would like to see what he can do with some talent

vCash
    No one mentioned that Malik was at the ole miss game, sitting behind the bench..