Thread: If LSU got Orgeron this cheap....

vCash

If LSU got Orgeron this cheap....

From Coaching Search:
    Defensive line coach Ed Orgeron?s contract is a two-year deal worth $450,000 annually, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate. His deal also includes a clause that, if Les Miles were no longer the head coach, Orgeron would be paid for just the next six months. In addition, running backs coach / recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson will receive a pay increase to $660,000 as part of a three-year extension through 2017, and tight ends coach Steve Ensminger ($300,000), defensive backs coach Corey Raymond ($310,000) and wide recievers coach Adam Henry ($375,000) also have deals through 2017.

vCash
    Orgeron didn't have much choice if he wanted to have a job
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    From Coaching Search:
    Defensive line coach Ed Orgeron?s contract is a two-year deal worth $450,000 annually, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate. His deal also includes a clause that, if Les Miles were no longer the head coach, Orgeron would be paid for just the next six months. In addition, running backs coach / recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson will receive a pay increase to $660,000 as part of a three-year extension through 2017, and tight ends coach Steve Ensminger ($300,000), defensive backs coach Corey Raymond ($310,000) and wide recievers coach Adam Henry ($375,000) also have deals through 2017.
    I would have thought that Coach O would have also been their recruiting coordinator or at least CO-Recruiting Coordinator.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    You have to remember that he has been living there and his sons go to school nearby. Basically a home job for him.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I would have thought that Coach O would have also been their recruiting coordinator or at least CO-Recruiting Coordinator.
    I don't think LSU could do that. Frank Wilson owns recruiting for LSU. He's the one that got Fournette, Landry and Dupre to name a few. He's owned the state of Louisiana for the last 4 years. He's also the one pushing for Leo Lewis, Drew Richmond and Jamal Peters to visit. But at the same time, Wilson was under Coach O when he was OM. I bet that could be a weird situation to say the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    He's owned the state of Louisiana for the last 4 years.
    Not last year he didn't. Last year LSU only signed 2 of the top 7 recruits in Louisiana (per Scout's rankings)......and Louisiana was loaded last year. They lost 3 of 5 five stars and the top 2 four stars. They also lost 2 more of the remaining 9 four stars. They lost a lot of elite in-state recruits last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Not last year he didn't. Last year LSU only signed 2 of the top 7 recruits in Louisiana (per Scout's rankings)......and Louisiana was loaded last year. They lost 3 of 5 five stars and the top 2 four stars. They also lost 2 more of the remaining 9 four stars. They lost a lot of elite in-state recruits last year.
    Yet they still finished 2nd in the country rankings-wise.

Robinson and Noil not getting locked down was a tough pill for them though

vCash
    LSU has 6 of the top 10 this year in La and could get 1 or 2 more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yet they still finished 2nd in the country rankings-wise.

Robinson and Noil not getting locked down was a tough pill for them though
    They got Fournette, Dupre, Harris, Quinn and Godchaux..... all of which started for them last year. I agree that Robinson and Noil were big losses, but I'm not sure Willis and Jones have been. Willis was dismissed from UF and Jones isn't progressing as much as Bama wished.

vCash
    I still wish it was someway we could have hired Orgeron. I realize we have a good DL coach in Turner, but LSU also had a good DL coach in Brick Haley. They were willing to reassign Haley to an administrative position to bring Orgeron on board. I'm glad we hired Diaz as DC, but it would have been nice also to get Orgeron for his recruiting prowess. Anyway, obviously too late now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I still wish it was someway we could have hired Orgeron. I realize we have a good DL coach in Turner, but LSU also had a good DL coach in Brick Haley. They were willing to reassign Haley to an administrative position to bring Orgeron on board. I'm glad we hired Diaz as DC, but it would have been nice also to get Orgeron for his recruiting prowess. Anyway, obviously too late now.
    The entire situation was odd. LSU now has a defensive line coach that is more qualified than the coordinator. Steele is a great position coach, but he's not a coordinator. It'll be interesting to see what happens on defense for them next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I agree with you on this. Conceivably what we could have done is something like have Turner coach DE or DT's and then Orgeron coach whatever Turner isn't coaching. And then move Hughes to TE (he has experience coaching TE's at Ole Miss) move Sallach to a desk and then make Deshea coach DB's.