Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Vapers among the E-Dawgs?

vCash

Any Vapers among the E-Dawgs?

I've been analog-free for a year now, and really found the cure to a 30-year habit.

I'm pretty far along in the hobby, and would welcome any discussion.

vCash
    I've tried it just to gauge the difference a few times but I don't smoke so no need really...

I can say that the difference between the more expensive refill ones and the el cheapo at the gas stations is night and day. You get what you pay for.

vCash
    I've tried it but man it makes me feel all weird. The next day I had a bad headache, and felt like I was withdrawing from speed or something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I can say that the difference between the more expensive refill ones and the el cheapo at the gas stations is night and day. You get what you pay for.
    Absolutely the truth. I see the ecig supplies they sell at Mapco and cringe at the thought of using that stuff. No way I would have enjoyed it enough to quit smoking if I had bought there. I was lucky and had a friend who hooked me up with a great tank and battery from the start.

The good news is a solid rig for entry level is about $40 from a reputable store, much less than that online. Of course I've spent much more than that over time, with all the stupid shit I've bought, but it's still thousands less than I would have spent on cigarettes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    I've tried it but man it makes me feel all weird. The next day I had a bad headache, and felt like I was withdrawing from speed or something
    Sorry you had a bad experience... The only side effects I've ever had is nausea from too much nicotine, but it only lasts a minute or so.

I know they have marijuana e-cig liquid. You might have been so high you didn't know it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpile View Post
    Sorry you had a bad experience... The only side effects I've ever had is nausea from too much nicotine, but it only lasts a minute or so.

I know they have marijuana e-cig liquid. You might have been so high you didn't know it.
    It makes my throat sore.. I still intend to do it eventually.. really, it's just a trade of tobacco for some other substance and water vapor...
    I've heard the Colorado mix is stout....
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Absolutely the truth. I see the ecig supplies they sell at Mapco and cringe at the thought of using that stuff. No way I would have enjoyed it enough to quit smoking if I had bought there. I was lucky and had a friend who hooked me up with a great tank and battery from the start.

The good news is a solid rig for entry level is about $40 from a reputable store, much less than that online. Of course I've spent much more than that over time, with all the stupid shit I've bought, but it's still thousands less than I would have spent on cigarettes.
    and tens of thousands less in medical bills...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    It makes my throat sore.. I still intend to do it eventually.. really, it's just a trade of tobacco for some other substance and water vapor...
    Make sure any juice you buy is made in the States. Buy the Chinese hardware, not the juice. You might check the PG/VG blend too. More VG is thicker and smoother. And yeah, you're still a weak, mental slave to nicotine. But, it's arguably a better alternative.

What I tried was home-grown...knocked me on my ass. The chef put some peppermint in it, and that's all you got taste/smell.

vCash
    Everyone said quit smoking, start vaping and save money. That was the biggest lie on the face of the planet. IPV Mini, Aspire Nautilus, Sigelei 150W box mod, 2 different rda's, 32 gauge wire, 28 gauge wire, 24 gauge wire, organic cotton, Ko Gen Do Japanese cotton, and about 5 gallons of different e-juices in the past few months is not cheap!! We have 4 shops within a few minutes drive from my house and I have kept them in business.

I can't complain to much though. I dont smell like and ashtray any more and I feel a hell of a lot better by not inhaling those Marlboro Lights all day. It has definitely become more of a hobby than a bad habit now. One thing I did learn though, I have got to go get my eyes checked, it has been about 5 years since my last exam, cause it is a bitch trying wrap that small ass wire.

vCash
    Make sure any juice you buy is made in the States. Buy the Chinese hardware, not the juice. You might check the PG/VG blend too. More VG is thicker and smoother. And yeah, you're still a weak, mental slave to nicotine. But, it's arguably a better alternative.

What I tried was home-grown...knocked me on my ass. The chef put some peppermint in it, and that's all you got taste/smell.
    BHO
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    I bought 'readers' just so I could build on my first deck, so I feel your pain. The tiny screws are a bitch too, but the Kayfun is worth the hassle for me. It's stupid the money I've spent on my gear, but I've been buying online recently to try to keep the outflow in check. Nashville has a ton of vapor shops, and a bunch of local juice chemists, some of which are pretty talented. I definitely spend the most buying e-liquid.

I'm still happy with my mechanical mods, but you be sure to let me know when you're tired of the Sigelei.

vCash
    I am running a Lemo RTA on the Sigelei. I seriously doubt I will ever use its full potential, normally, I am quite happy around 30-40 watts, but when I bought it, it was only a few bucks more than the 50 watt. And I like the dual 18650 batteries. I can actually make it through a full day on one charge.

vCash
    Finally got around to editing this post...

Big Tobacco with another hit piece.

Notice there's no mention how high the voltage that releases the high levels of formaldehyde. There's little doubt it's way above what one would consider a "vapable" burn.
    Last edited by Dawgpile; 01-24-2015 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    I absolutely love it. However, most people fall off the vape train because they don't keep their systems clean. You've got to change your wick every 24 hours or so. When you get ten or so, soak them in rubbing alchohol for 24 hours. Drain off the alcohol and rinse thoroughly with hot water. Let them soak an hour or so, rinse again and spread them on a towel or napkin to dry. Don't try to use them until they are totally dry. As far as juice goes, get your favorite but keep another handy for occasional variety. Don't use menthol flavor straight; mix it with tobacco or another flavor. Keep a charged battery handy. I have four batteries that I circulate. Also, keep wipe the battery connectors clean with a q tip or wadded napkin whenever you change batteries or put it on the charger. I use the starter EVOD system. There is no reason to upgrade, so I just bought a second kit. I could save money by using mail order more, but my cost is down under ten dollars a week anyway. If you buy a new wick every time rather than cleaning, your cost will be much higher. Find a flavor you like. Be patient and enjoy. Also, don't try to inhale before you are used to the vapor. It has a slightly different feel. Overall, just keep your system clean and fully charged and don't get into buying a bunch of new equipment. Just enjoy. KISS.

vCash
    On a related note, it's tragic that New Orleans' new smoking ordinance also prohibits vaping. Hopefully, they'll delete that bit of idiocy.

vCash
    The important thing for any vaper is you're satisfied with your system, and are off the analogs.

Kangers are great tanks and are what I started with, and still use them on occasion. Your cleaning procedure of your coils is pretty solid, although I might suggest you swap the rubbing alcohol for a potable alcohol like vodka. I just used boiling water from the microwave and a dry-burn after drying them. That evolved into popping the chimney off the coils and re-wicking them with cotton, which you'll love the taste if you try it. There's plenty of tutorials on youtube and it's easy to do.

If you're still using variable voltage batts, then you might look at a variable wattage device like the MVP2.0 as your next upgrade if you want to stick with the Kanger tanks.

Happy to hear another success story!
    Last edited by Dawgpile; 01-24-2015 at 11:14 PM.

vCash
    Curious as to why vodka is better than rubbing alcohol. Would everclear be better?

vCash
    Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol is poisonous. The fact you rinse your coils in water probably negates any potential issues, but even then it wouldn't be worth the risk in my mind. We're trying to get away from dangerous chemicals, right? I've tried soaking in vodka before, but I didn't see any benefit over the boiling water/dry-burn technique I described.

I mentioned it before, but rewicking with cotton is the ticket to Kanger single-coil heads. Cleaning and future rewicking is an absolute breeze, not to mention the improvement in flavor and vapor production. I got to a point when I was still using Kangers that I would pull the silica wick out of the brand-new heads & use the cotton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riotous Thinking View Post
    I am quite happy around 30-40 watts
    I picked up a Seven-22 I found for cheap on Craigslist just yesterday, and I can't fathom how you're vaping at 30+ watts. I'm running a .6 ohm build, and get a burnt taste at anything above 19 watts. Your Lemo is a single coil like my Kayfun, so is it a matter of airflow, or a higher ohm coil?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    https://www.ploom.com/pax