Thread: Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

What's being cooked and drank this weekend? My weekend started early yesterday when I had a Glenlevit on the rocks to celebrate the purchase of my new house. I'm thinking another tonight...

vCash
    Congratulations on the new house.
    I tried the new Abita Wrought Iron IPA tonight. It's the hoppiest thing I've ever had from Abita.
    My wife's excited because I said I'd ride to Jackson tomorrow so she can do some last minute shopping but I'm really going just so I can go by Hops and Habanas and pick up some of the new release beers.

vCash
    Hops and Habanna's is in my home area. Great store

vCash
    Congrats on the new house. Hops and habanas is a frequent stop for me, when I'm up that way. Zero cooking plans for me this weekend. We've got family in town and heading to BSL tomorrow for seafood for the out of towners. Other than that, it looks like white cans...

vCash
    Elk steaks and Four Roses Yellow label.

vCash
    congrats on the new house!! I know the feeling... I'm just chillin this weekend with no plans other than the grandson is coming tonight..
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Thanks fellas. Elk steak looks great. Speck's post about eating in BSL makes me want some Trapanni's.

vCash
    I did a quick family favorite - tortellini Alfredo with broccoli and blackened shrimp and scallops. Shrimp was 1 hour off the boat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I did a quick family favorite - tortellini Alfredo with broccoli and blackened shrimp and scallops. Shrimp was 1 hour off the boat!

That sounds outstanding. Can't beat fresh seafood

vCash
    Dinner last night. Stuffed redfish at Katherine's