Thread: Breaking down the recruiting class

vCash

Breaking down the recruiting class

Hope to have a good day tomorrow but going into it where do we sit as of today:

QB (1)
    Tiano

RB (4)
    Dear
    Gibson
    Murphy
    K. Thomas

* I still see Dear as a RB

WR (6)
    Gray (JUCO)
    Jones
    Johnson
    D. Thomas
    Mixon

* seeing this makes me thing Gray may move outside since Mixon and thomas are both slot guys along with existing Myles and Graham. Thomas/Mixon could also play a scat back/3rd down back role

TE (1)
    Green

* Johnson coudl possibly grow into this spot as well

OL (3)
    Moon
    Champion
    Williams

* hopefully we add rankin and a least one more HS lineman

DL (5)
    Adams
    Joseph
    Mullins
    Calvin (JUCO)
    Jones

*also hoping for good news on Swain

LB (3)
    Washingon
    McNair
    Jung (JUCO)

CB (2)
    Smitherman
    Stamps

* It may only be 2 but I'm pretty excited about both of these guys

S (3)
    Peters
    McLaurin
    Myers

Athlete (1)
    Spivey

Rumors of 2-3 sign and place guys but not sure who they will be yet. Looking the numbers i'd guess maybe a RB and/or one of the DE.
    Last edited by Irondawg; 12-16-2014 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    I'm a little concerned about te

vCash
    I'm starting to wonder if we are gonig to start seeing more double slot vs. using a detached TE as much.

vCash
    What position do we realistically see Spivey playing for us? Safey?

vCash
    I'd have to guess we start out trying him at safety. It's far and away our biggest position of need so I think we'll try everyone there that might fit the part until we find a few guys who can get the job done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if we are gonig to start seeing more double slot vs. using a detached TE as much.
    That's what I'm hoping for. I see Dedrick Thomas redshirting. I see Gray, Myles, Graham, and Mixon all getting on the field b/c they are playmakers.

I don't really like what we are doing at TE. We seem to just be signing High School WR's that are too slow to play WR in the SEC and simply convert them to TE. We only have one "hand in the ground TE" and that is Hutcherson who barely played. I would rather have Gray in the game than Walley/Hammond.

vCash
    I wasn't able to make it out to practice over the weekend, but one of my buddies said Gabe Myles was showing out. Our slot competition is going to be fun to watch going forward. Myles, Gray, Mixon, Graham, Dear...wow. Also heard Jesse Jackson had some pretty impressive plays. He's a guy that many (including myself) have nearly forgotten about since he was injured his Senior year and redshirted this year. I know Jackson isn't a slot guy, but I thought I would mention him

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    the depth and ability of our WRs is about to take a whole new level of WOW. we were so much better than many teams this year, and next will be unmatched in terms of our history as a school and will arguably be the best in the SEC bar none. aTm may be the only school on the same level, but that will be it.
    "When opportunity knocks, ask for two forms of ID, because it is probably just trouble in disguise" - Tickle #Discovery Channel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Ravian Pierce

vCash
    I don't see how Dontae Jones stays at WR. He is 230 right now. I think he becomes a weapon at TE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I don't see how Dontae Jones stays at WR. He is 230 right now. I think he becomes a weapon at TE.
    On B&B this morning I heard that Jesse Jackson has bulked up a good bit (based on bowl practice observations) and also could be a TE candidate.