Thread: Were we expecting much from Dylan Ingram in baseball this spring?

Banned
    vCash

Were we expecting much from Dylan Ingram in baseball this spring?

Looks like he is transferring, per Twitter.

Banned
    vCash
    Wes Rea better rake this year is all I've got to say.

vCash
    WTF? Why is he leaving?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    WTF? Why is he leaving?
    Not big enough to play 1st for us*

vCash
    Really strange time for a transfer. Hit tremendously well in the summer and was looking forward to him getting some action there this year.

Shouldn't be related to Rea, as nothing has changed with that situation, I wouldn't think. Did he get leaped over in the pecking order at 1B by Cole Gordon?

vCash
    He had a good summer, but struggled this fall. Rooker and Gordon are both ahead of him. Those two are our first basemen of the future- although they both run well enough to play in the outfield as well. I'd say Rooker is a faster runner, so I think he will probably end up in the OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Really strange time for a transfer. Hit tremendously well in the summer and was looking forward to him getting some action there this year.

Shouldn't be related to Rea, as nothing has changed with that situation, I wouldn't think. Did he get leaped over in the pecking order at 1B by Cole Gordon?
    It's a good time for him to link up with a JUCO team rather than waste a season sitting on our bench.

You are right- it doesn't have anything to do with Rea, but it has more to do with Rooker and Gordon. Depth was an issue for us at first base last year- it won't be for the next few years though.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe he didn't like what he heard in his post-fall meeting with Cohen. With Gordon here and some big time players coming in for 2015, Cohen was probably just being honest with the guy about playing time after Rea leaves.

vCash
    I am assuming he was a walk on last year and now is cuttable. This is no surprise. Must have only 35 players besides walk ons who will redshirt so around 38 on the spring roster. Get used to this. Will happen every year now.

vCash
    My guess is 2 more will be cut or transfer. Nature of the business now. It is a numbers game. The two are pitchers I believe. We might not know it until season starts though.

vCash
    Rooker, Gordon and Waddell can play multiple positions also. Rooker is fast and can hit HRs, so he has great potential. Dylan was only a 1B man and he hit .132 in fall, Genes stats.

vCash

Not sure if you're counting Will Cox or not but I can confirm he will not be back....

nt
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    No, the two don't include Will Cox. I don't have any inside info just counting to 35 and figuring in the redshirts.