Thread: Can anyone post a recap of how our recruits

vCash

Can anyone post a recap of how our recruits

Performed in the ms al Allstar game? It's a bit hard to read the gamethread

vCash
    Mixon - elite. Had a 55yd reverse TD called back. Still had probably close to 100 yards receiving. He was their go-to receiving threat.
    Johnson - elite blocker. Very good possession receiver. Didn't get to see him on any deep routes. Those went to Mixon. He = srRoJo right now before he ever steps foot at MSU. He prettymuch "Blindside Oher'd" a Mizzou-committed corner twice on Bama running TDs. He literally blocked him off the field and totally out of view of a play run right at him.
    Williams - dunno -- didn't watch the OL much
    Payne was wearing a MSU towel and shoes and was raising havoc prior to throwing a punch and getting ejected
    Smitherman - like a glove. Was arguably the best coverage guy on either side IMO. Even the passes that were completed against him, he was right there. He's not a big guy at all though.

Dear - one good run, a couple that he couldn't break and one bad drop. You could tell Al gameplanned for him. We've got to get him into MSU and in the weight program and on a good diet pretty quick. He needs to shed 15 lbs at least...
    Adams - a couple of really good plays, and he'd disappear at times. Think everyone on the bama OL were BCS signees...
    Joseph - crazy quick. Was probably the most impressive DL on either side. Set the edge really well in run support at times as well...
    Stamps - the best run support DB on the field for either team IMO. He made some great open field tackles. Very fundamentally sound at corner. Saw him get beat once on a pass the QB missed, but otherwise was elite overall. Has really good size and length.
    Peters - Elite speed and size. Plays very, very physical. Played OLB in the game and looked like Matt Wells at the spot. He's going to be bigger than Wells and more physical though. Want to see him at FS. Let him roam. Very good instincts.
    Champion - didn't watch the trenches much. Saw him Damien Robinson ole' block a DE from the RT spot that went straight at Davis -- Davis stepped up into the pocket and started rolling right when the guy blew behind him. Champion stuck with the play, came back, and pancake blocked the DE on the second effort. Think this was the play on 3rd and short where Davis could have easily run for the first down.
    Myers - dunno -- he had a really quiet game. He was the only skill guy we had in the game that didn't actively make his presence felt. I think he is still pretty beat up from the season though...

vCash
    Thanks engie. Very good info.

vCash
    Yeah I kept looking for Myers, but he never popped up for me. I'll be interested to see where we put him. Also, no jonnas spivey invite? I already knew McLaurin got snubbed.

Not to toot my horn, but I was on the Mixon wagon back in the spring when I just happen to come across his video. We had just picked up Deddrick Thomas and still had Dear lurking, so I was worried we wouldn't offer.

vCash
    Spivey is playing an all star game in Dallas, I don't think he was invited.