Thread: Keith Joseph

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash

Keith Joseph

After watching the MS/AL game, Keith Joseph is one of my favorite commits we have. Why has this guy gone under the radar so much? He was one of the best DLs on the field in that game.

Not that I'm complaining about him not having a bunch of offers or anything, you'd just think more teams would have been after a guy with that much quickness.

vCash
    I agree. I went back and watched the game since I was only able to watch the last few minutes yesterday. Joseph was a beast. I really think he could end up being that pure rush end that we have been needing for a while.

vCash
    I agree with you.

The funniest thing to me is some of our lower rated commits were the ones that shined the most in that game. Joseph, Mixon, Johnson. This class is a freakshow like no other we've had under Mullen. Not even comparable IMO. IDGAF what our "ranking" ends up as, that's the reality.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Keith is still growing that's 1 reason he was undervalued. During the spring & early summer he was around 220lbs now he's around 240-245lbs. He just recently turned 17 so the coaches feel he has more growing to do. His technique will be light years ahead of most guys because of his lineage. His dad was a DL at MSU in the early 90's. Also his brother is former 5* current DE at FSU Mario Edwards Jr. He also got a ratings bump on 247 from 84 to 88 bc of his play this weekend.

vCash
    Doesn't surprise me. His dad was a solid DE/OLB for us.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    I agree with you.

The funniest thing to me is some of our lower rated commits were the ones that shined the most in that game. Joseph, Mixon, Johnson. This class is a freakshow like no other we've had under Mullen. Not even comparable IMO. IDGAF what our "ranking" ends up as, that's the reality.
    D. McNair is another one in that mold. How he is a 3-star is beyond me.

vCash
    I thought stamps and peters were outstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    D. McNair is another one in that mold. How he is a 3-star is beyond me.
    Not even including the 2 diamond DL from AL that are flying under the radar, even to the extent they didn't make this game. Mullins put up totally stupid stats this year at DE, and we took him over a couple of 4* guys. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2109308/...ghts/124108383

Our 2nd lowest rated commit right now has offers from 13 BCS programs. Low 3*? LOL

vCash
    The sites have some credence but fans have to understand that the MSU staff does their own evuations. They don't look at 247 and say, "Well this is the guy we need. He's a 92 and the other 2 are 88 and 87." Mullen staying with Tiano over Virgil is just one example. Joseph and Mullins over those two 4-star DE from LA are others. The "we do our own eval" argument is dumb if you're recruiting in the bottom third but when you're in the top 20 range like MSU has been, I'm going to trust the staff.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Is there somewhere to watch it
    Online ?