Thread: Justin Johnson with SC Top 10 #1 play

vCash

Justin Johnson with SC Top 10 #1 play

Anyone have a link to the catch? Haven't seen it yet

vCash
    I wanna see it!

vCash

vCash
    Well, I watched the highlight. That's the first time I've seen the play, and that was NOT a catch. Not even close. It wasn't a tie. The receiver never possessed the ball. The DB caught the football.

vCash
    In high school football (as well as college), you have to be able to be able to hand the ball to the referee after the play for it to be considered a catch.

The back judge knew that or he wouldn't have been assigned the game. Mississippi got robbed big time.

vCash
    did they mention that he was a Miss. State commit? That is what I am worried about, more good press. We had more commits than usual playing on the bama side, so it is more important to me that MSU commits do well than Mississippi to win the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    did they mention that he was a Miss. State commit? That is what I am worried about, more good press. We had more commits than usual playing on the bama side, so it is more important to me that MSU commits do well than Mississippi to win the game.
    Yea, I was more interested in the individual play of MSU commits than the outcome of the game but Mississippi got hosed throughout the game. First, numerous VERY questionable personal fouls were called on Miss that aided AL drives. Also, Miss had an obvious safety taken off the board when the AL QB got rid of the ball from the end zone but they said Mixon was "in the area". That was a really stretched interpretation of "in the area". And then that last play was very questionable. I never saw where Johnson had real possession of the ball but I will admit it was difficult for the ref to really see because the 2 players intertwined made it difficult to see exactly what was going on with the ball. And of course dual possession, if that's what it was, goes to the offense and it was never clear that the defensive player got the ball all to himself.

vCash
    The DB made a helluva of a play to steal it out of his arms before they even touched the ground
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    He definitely caught it. He had possession & took a couple of steps. What happened once he hit the ground is irrelevant. Sorry I don't know how to just embed the photo but click on the 2nd link & it shows a clear pic of the catch.

@abc3340: Hoover's @_JustinJohnson1 grabs game-winning TD in Alabama-Miss All-Star game; @AyeyoKEJO MVP http://t.co/sZoiUVfCJJ http://t.co/9GsR1ZqqJM

vCash
    Yes they mentioned it and threw in a "Well that's what your getting" directed at us too. So ya we got positive press outta it.

vCash
    Guys, Johnson caught it. I'm looking at it frame by frame, when Johnson's left should touches the turf he has both hands on the ball and the DB strips it as he rolls out of bounds. I want Mississippi to win this game too, but Johnson made a great catch and you can clearly see it if you watch this in slow motion or look at the frame linked here- http://imgur.com/VZ5HYkV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He definitely caught it. He had possession & took a couple of steps. What happened once he hit the ground is irrelevant. Sorry I don't know how to just embed the photo but click on the 2nd link & it shows a clear pic of the catch.

@abc3340: Hoover's @_JustinJohnson1 grabs game-winning TD in Alabama-Miss All-Star game; @AyeyoKEJO MVP http://t.co/sZoiUVfCJJ http://t.co/9GsR1ZqqJM
    Agreed, I say he had possession when he hit the ground too but you're right that it's irrelevant.

vCash
    Yes they mentioned he is a Mississippi State commit