Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaking out now that Michigan is chasing Mullen and Mora Jr

vCash
    Get that raise Mullen! !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well keep the bus to Lafayette warm just in case I guess.
    That bus stays warm.

Should be as easy a decision as Cohen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    This.

Give me this shit every single season....means we're doing something right.
    Absolutely. You want a coach that is wanted at other places. Means he is successful.

vCash

He may have told them no 10 times but this time may be different. The

wheels are running off the cart in San Fran and I'm not sure they'll win another game. They're done. I think Harbaugh is ripe for the picking.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Here is the article.Holy vague, and impossible to prove wrong. Written by a Roussel So much opinion, unidentified sources, assumptions, etc... Really, if true, all I can gain from the article is that Michigan hasn't contacted Mullen and that he's probably their 5th or so option. Smells like Bear shit to me, hoping to sway Martinas Rankin.

Is it really easier to win a NC at Michigan? Bo Schembechler never won one at Michigan and it's a different era.

This is Dan's best team, but our recruiting is just now starting to improve. It's very easy to foresee Dan's best teams being in the future.

The Brady Hoke era officially came to a close on Tuesday December 2nd. As we come to the close of the 2nd week of the search for his successor, and as recruiting goes ?dead?, I reached out to some sources in Michigan and within the profession to attempt to update coaches as to where this search stands and is headed. Based on those discussions, this is where Michigan appears headed?

Most of the senior leadership within Michigan athletics and on their board of regents now understand that Jim Harbaugh is unlikely to come to Michigan and I am told Hackett has been told it will be acceptable to hire a ?college coach? before the end of the NFL season if he finds the one he is willing to stand behind.

Per sources, Hackett and his staff have discussed both Jim Mora and Dan Mullen with the Regents. Sources in Michigan that I have spoken with believe that if either Mora or Mullen were willing to come, then Hackett would support those hires.

Last year Jim Mora was offered the head coaching position at Texas and turned it down despite the fact that the offer was significantly more than $4 million per year. When that happened, I spoke with two sources very close to the situation and wrote about that. Mora turned down that opportunity because this simply wasn?t the right time for he and his family to leave California. Jim has four children, one who had just begun college out there, two in high school and one in junior high (at the time). They have just built a house, etc?the timing wasn?t right then to leave for another college job, and quite honestly, I don?t see that changing for this opportunity at Michigan. With that said, it would seem to be a substantial waste of resources for Michigan to pursue someone who they have no shot at, so clearly Michigan feels he is willing to consider the opportunity. Sources in Michigan told me, UM officials believe that Mora is frustrated with not being able to get UCLA to the top and think he might be willing to make a move to Michigan. The L.A. Times reports that Mora is making $3.25 million this season.

I spoke with sources in the past few days who are close and very familiar with Dan Mullen. Both sources said to me that with Dan, it?s not about being the highest paid coach in his state / conference/ whatever (which is more important to some coaches than many people understand), what drives Dan is his desire to win a national championship. Both sources explained to me how they felt Michigan would provide a potentially easier route to the college football playoffs; and hence the opportunity to win a national championship. Said one, ?This might have been Dan?s most talented team ever, and in a year when LSU, A&M and Arkansas were down, he still didn?t even win his division.? Mississippi State athletic director Scott Stricklin stated quite a while back that they were hopeful to be able to reach an extension with Mullen; but that extension hasn?t been signed yet? When I asked sources familiar with Michigan?s search if they would characterize Mullen as a lead candidate, the response was ?I don?t know that Hackett felt that way last week; but it certainly seems like he considers him a very viable candidate now.? Mullen?s current salary is approximately $3 million under his current deal; it is unknown what Mississippi State?s new offer to Mullen is at this time in the proposed extension. Note that Hugh Freeze just signed an extension bringing his base salary up to $4.3 million for the upcoming season.

Sources in Michigan reminded me several times that these aren?t the only candidates that Michigan plans in person visits with this week (I was told earlier in the week they planned to meet with 10+ candidates); but they say Hackett seemed most excited / animated with speaking about Mora and Mullen.

Based on everything I?ve heard, I don?t think you can completely eliminate the possibility that Michigan will wait on an NFL coach; but it appears based on what they have heard back from coaches and their search advisors that Michigan is allotting their time in the coming week on successful college head coaches.

One name that I truly haven?t heard from sources in Michigan; but I continue to hear from coaches is Joe Moglia at Coastal Carolina. A number of coaches I have spoken with feel Moglia might just be the perfect coach to invest in Michigan football. What he has done in his short time at Coastal has been awfully impressive. Will be interesting to see if the search firm suggests the same to Hackett.

As always, we?ll keep you posted as things become more clear on The Scoop.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-13-2014 at 05:10 PM.

vCash
    Okay, good response to Michigan fan on ESPN Big Ten blog -

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten

Dave in Ohio writes: OK. Gary Andersen left Wisconsin for OSU (not the one we know). He's a western guy. I was more surprised when he took the UW job than I am that he left. The bigger question, to me, is how much longer can Michigan wait to find its new coach? The clock continues to tick, and the longer it waits, the more it looks like another Brady Hoke-type hire.

Dan Murphy: The longer Michigan waits, the more optimistic its fans should be. Interim athletic director Jim Hackett has been on the job for little more than a month; his patience is prudent. Michigan is (and should be) willing to wait for Jim Harbaugh or Les Miles. The school won’t wait if both men have turned the job down through back channels. So, while there’s a chance they’ve already said “no thanks” and the Wolverines are now desperately seeking a Plan B hire, it's more likely that the Wolverines are biding their time and vetting backup plans in case the top choices don’t work out.

vCash
    I think it's funny how the article is titled, "Michigan Wants Mullen". Is there anything in that article that says "Michigan Wants Mullen"?

Dan is way to arrogant to be someone's 5th option

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    wheels are running off the cart in San Fran and I'm not sure they'll win another game. They're done. I think Harbaugh is ripe for the picking.
    Harbaugh wants to stay in the NFL- reports are the Jets are hard after Harbaugh. He's not going to Michigan
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Michigan Scout says Haraugh, Miles, Adazzio or Sean Payton. No mention of Mullen.

http://michigan.scout.com/story/1491...FB%20Marketing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post
    Michigan Scout says Haraugh, Miles, or Mora. No mention of Mullen.

Yup, the article was written by a Roussel, with no facts, and is probably complete Bear shit for recruiting purposes. Nothing more

vCash
    Les Miles needs to take the job. He would be what they want- and LSU would get what they want
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Lol. No way Mullen would leave a job at a top 5 football program in the nation to go coach at Michigan. Hahahahahahaha!!!! What a dubmass article. Hey, maybe he should interview for the Houston job too!

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Michigan Scout says Haraugh, Miles, Adazzio or Sean Payton. No mention of Mullen.

And Gruden, Dungy, Walsh, Lombardi.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    And Gruden, Dungy, Walsh, Lombardi.....
    Does Michigan have a version of Old Waverly? Maybe a kick-ass indoor putt-putt?

vCash

Sean Payton? LOL.

vCash
    wow. this may be as entertaining as watching Ole Miss hire coaches. Gruden yall!***

vCash
    If Mullen watched the Ms-Ala all star game and leaves then we got rid of a fool.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Cowher, Jimmy Johnson, and Tressell express interest. Noll,Rockne, Bryant and Landry remove names from consideration.

vCash
    Michigan can offer nothing other than tradition. There's a reason why no one wants to deal with the old school donors up there. Anyone wonder why Rich Rod is having success in AZ and was a complete flop in Michigan?

Dan wants enthusiasm. Switch channels between a home game at Michigan and any SEC west contest and you'll have to adjust the volume on the TV. We can, and we will,..pay Dan very well. I'm not in the least bit concerned that he'd take the job up there. Who the hell wants to live in Michigan anyway? Isn't the entire ordeal about quality of life?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcentral View Post
    Michigan can offer nothing other than tradition. There's a reason why no one wants to deal with the old school donors up there. Anyone wonder why Rich Rod is having success in AZ and was a complete flop in Michigan?

Dan wants enthusiasm. Switch channels between a home game at Michigan and any SEC west contest and you'll have to adjust the volume on the TV. We can, and we will,..pay Dan very well. I'm not in the least bit concerned that he'd take the job up there. Who the hell wants to live in Michigan anyway? Isn't the entire ordeal about quality of life?
    I can't imagine that there is a ton of talent in Michigan either.