Thread: Highly unlikely but possible??

vCash

Highly unlikely but possible??

This is crazy and the chances are insane that this could actually happen, but if EVERYTHING were to go right for us, I think there is a chance we could still be in the playoff and here's how:

1) Bama beats Missouri. Has to happen like this because a Bama loss keeps Bama in front of us AND probably jumps Mizzou in front of us.

2) Oregon beats Arizona. Same scenario as #1. Oregon loses and they and Arizona both stay in front of us. Arizona drops below us if they lose.

3) TCU loses to Iowa State ala Oklahoma State in 2011. Drops them below us.

4) Florida State loses to Ga Tech. Very well could happen and I think they would also drop below us if that happened while at the same time not letting Ga Tech above us because they have two losses to Duke and North Carolina.

5) Ohio State loses to Wisconsin. Could happen and I think if they were to lose badly they would drop below us.

6) Baylor beats Kansas State. Have to have KSU drop below us. A Baylor loss only propels KSU further in front of us so they have to lose.

7) At this point it gets interesting. Can we jump Michigan State to get into the 4th spot? Not sure we could but it's possible. They lost @ current #2 Oregon by 19 and at home against current #5 Ohio State by 12. We lost @ current #1 by 5 and @ current #12 by 14. I think our resume is better but would the committee at this point put a 2nd SEC team in over a Big 10 team? Not sure but it's possible.

This would put Bama #1, Oregon #2, Baylor #3, and either us or Michigan State #4. This was more of a fun thing that could happen because realistically the chances are probably close to zero that this actually does happen. But how fun would that be if the entire college football world was thrown into this chaos?
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 12-03-2014 at 11:37 AM.

vCash
    one or two of those scenarios might happen. We aren't getting into the playoffs. Time to start looking at the bowl game and planning for next year.
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This is crazy and the chances are insane that this could actually happen, but if EVERYTHING were to go right for us, I think there is a chance we could still be in the playoff and here's how:

1) Bama beats Missouri. Has to happen like this because a Bama loss keeps Bama in front of us AND probably jumps Mizzou in front of us.

2) Oregon beats Arizona. Same scenario as #1. Oregon loses and they and Arizona both stay in front of us. Arizona drops below us if they lose.

3) TCU loses to Iowa State ala Oklahoma State in 2011. Drops them below us.

4) Florida State loses to Ga Tech. Very well could happen and I think they would also drop below us if that happened while at the same time not letting Ga Tech above us because they have two losses to Duke and North Carolina.

5) Ohio State loses to Wisconsin. Could happen and I think if they were to lose badly they would drop below us.

6) Baylor beats Kansas State. Have to have KSU drop below us. A Baylor loss only propels KSU further in front of us so they have to lose.

7) At this point it gets interesting. Can we jump Michigan State to get into the 4th spot? Not sure we could but it's possible. They lost @ current #2 Oregon by 19 and at home against current #5 Ohio State by 12. We lost @ current #1 by 5 and @ current #12 by 14. I think our resume is better but would the committee at this point put a 2nd SEC team in over a Big 10 team? Not sure but it's possible.

This would put Bama #1, Oregon #2, Baylor #3, and either us or Michigan State #4. This was more of a fun thing that could happen because realistically the chances are probably close to zero that this actually does happen. But how fun would that be if the entire college football world was thrown into this chaos?
    If we aren't ahead of Mich St now, there is no chance we pass them.

vCash
    Wisconsin, gt, and f$u would all also be strongly considered in this scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C222 View Post
    Correct, we had our chance(s), and blew them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RossDawg82 View Post
    one or two of those scenarios might happen. We aren't getting into the playoffs. Time to start looking at the bowl game and planning for next year.
    Oh I don't think in the least bit that we will get into the playoffs. But I that scenario is pretty hilarious because only one out of those 7 points I mentioned is actually far fetched and that's TCU losing to Iowa State. Everything else on there could happen. Like I said the chances are beyond remote this would happen but just interesting to think about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C222 View Post
    You're probably right. However, with Ohio State losing, that would make Sparty's second loss about on par with State's. Their first loss (@ Oregon) is on par with our first loss (@Bama), so the only separation would be best wins. Theirs was over then #25 Nebraska at home. We beat 3 top 10 teams in a row... Just saying... Obviously none of this matters because it won't happen anyway, but it's fun to dream..

vCash
    Even if all that happened, no chance we got back in

vCash
    Relevant meme below...

Banned
    vCash
    I'm going to sound like the little brat that didn't get his way: I want everyone ahead of us to lose this weekend!! I will be rooting for Missouri, Arizona, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, Kansas State and Wisconsin!!! Let's F it all up!!!

Banned
    vCash
    Florida State and Michigan State not falling below us no matta what. We out. Shittastic performance vs the Bears guatanteed that.

vCash
    I'm not a pessimist, but no chance there. Can't see it.

vCash