Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brewster

vCash

Brewster

Lands Ethan frith of north panola for fsu. Really not liking fsu moving into our state

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msstate7 View Post
    Lands Ethan frith of north panola for fsu. Really not liking fsu moving into our state
    Me neither. This shit pisses me off. He's about 1 recruit away from having more success recruiting for FSU already. Starting to think we'd have been better off not hiring Brew. We better tighten up

vCash
    yeah, he seems like a real jerk. Mullen gives the man a job when he needs one, builds him up and introduces him to the area. 6 months later, this is how he's thanking Mullen and staff. real nice.

vCash
    Brewster wasnt his recruiter but he probably did inform the staff about him. Already enough SEC schools in Mississippi don't need to add an ACC power to it too. Not good for us and ole miss.

vCash
    Ole Miss or Alabama would've gotten the kid anyway- at least we don't have to play FSU.

Banned
    vCash
    I agree. I think there is a gentleman's agreement in place. Not to mention, we do have a number of out of state recruits from last year's class that we can thank Brewster for. Highly doubt he's going to move in on guys that are heavy MSU leans.

But if a recruit gives him a very positive vibe, then he has to pursue him.

vCash
    Lets just relax:

1)Pack- I bet whoever, whatever, he doesn't end up at FSU
    2)Frith- Neither MSU or OM have been hot on Frith. I'm shocked FSU took him. He reminds me of Nick Redmond in HS.
    3) Aries Williams- don't think he goes to FSU
    4) Jessie Jackson- don't think he goes to FSU

In summary, FSU and Brewster will get 1 marginal MS kid. No need for worry fellas

vCash
    Im with you, the last thing we need is more competition for in state kids that merit a MSU offer.

We evidently liked Frith kid enough to offer him, and the in-state class of HS OL this year sucks. The only real good one is the kid from Callaway and it seems its between the Bears and Saban for him.

vCash
    we have already landed 2 juco guys on the OL, and we are working hard on the OB kid. We are only going sign 4 OL players I think.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Lets just relax:

1)Pack- I bet whoever, whatever, he doesn't end up at FSU
    2)Frith- Neither MSU or OM have been hot on Frith. I'm shocked FSU took him. He reminds me of Nick Redmond in HS.
    3) Aries Williams- don't think he goes to FSU
    4) Jessie Jackson- don't think he goes to FSU

In summary, FSU and Brewster will get 1 marginal MS kid. No need for worry fellas
    While fsu might only end up w frith, (matter of fcat i feel certain thats all they get) we might only end up w Williams of those mentioned. We aren't getting pack, he's a rebel. . And I have concerns about Jackson. Either way best we will do out of those is 2-4. Fsu going 1-4 isn't bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    While fsu might only end up w frith, (matter of fcat i feel certain thats all they get) we might only end up w Williams of those mentioned. We aren't getting pack, he's a rebel. . And I have concerns about Jackson. Either way best we will do out of those is 2-4. Fsu going 1-4 isn't bad.
    Right now freeze and the whole bear world is selling ole miss like they are close to competing for titles with bama. I really feel they're going to have a rough start and end the season with a resounding thud in Starkville. At that point this high they're on will be over. The recruitment of these in state guys isn't over. Now if ole miss starts good and beats us, they're gonna clean our clock in recruiting

Banned
    vCash
    Right now freeze and the whole bear world is selling ole miss like they are close to competing for titles with bama. I really feel they're going to have a rough start and end the season with a resounding thud in Starkville. At that point this high they're on will be over. The recruitment of these in state guys isn't over. Now if ole miss starts good and beats us, they're gonna clean our clock in recruiting

That game is pivotal this year. More so than it has been in a long time. We have to get some of the momentum back. I am like you. I think they will find a way back to a bowl, but won't beat Vandy, State, Bama, or TAMU. They will also lose to Texas I think and possibly LSU.

vCash
    That sounds good in theory. However, name the last guy that left them at the alter. And don't say Robert Elliot. I had 2 coaches of ours say in November prior to him signing with us. We were more worried about losing Marcus green than getting Elliot. Anyway beside him you will be hard pressed to find one. We don't flip their commits, we try to hang onto ours. I don't like saying it but bottom line is, that's the truth. They can go 4-8 (ill put lots on it that wont happen) and it won't matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    we have already landed 2 juco guys on the OL, and we are working hard on the OB kid. We are only going sign 4 OL players I think.
    You are probably right, but I wouldn't mind having Avery Gennessey, who would be a third JUCO o-lineman.

vCash
    Reading between the lines- I think Jackson has a deal in place. We need to move to the next target
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I just officiated the 7-7 tourney on campus. Talked with the Dunbar High School Coach. (which they won) Asked him if we were looking at any of their players he said Yeah a kid that decommitted from Florida few weeks back.
    Wr.. Ryeshene Bronson...
    Last edited by mic; 06-14-2013 at 06:10 PM.

vCash
    And his team mate from Dunbar.. Daniel Cobb (Rb /ath and not very big.. prob 5'9 175) class of 2015 his coach said ran a 4.30 40.. Fastest time at the 7-7..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That sounds good in theory. However, name the last guy that left them at the alter. And don't say Robert Elliot. I had 2 coaches of ours say in November prior to him signing with us. We were more worried about losing Marcus green than getting Elliot. Anyway beside him you will be hard pressed to find one. We don't flip their commits, we try to hang onto ours. I don't like saying it but bottom line is, that's the truth. They can go 4-8 (ill put lots on it that wont happen) and it won't matter.
    "Merry Flipmas" is the most infuriating and ***** shit I've ever heard them say. Pisses me off more because it's unfailingly true every January.

vCash
    and according to Paul we just offered him..

vCash
    I still like our chances with Jackson.

I figure we get Green and Williams too.

We just need to do a little better out of state. I think we can, but after all the bullshit that ESPN made out of UM's recruiting class, we need to have a solid year and I think we can.