Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brewster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I still like our chances with Jackson.

I figure we get Green and Williams too.

We just need to do a little better out of state. I think we can, but after all the bullshit that ESPN made out of UM's recruiting class, we need to have a solid year and I think we can.
    Really want green and Williams. I think both of those two are going to be stars

vCash
    We need Jackson. He and Pack are the two impact Wrs in the state this year and I think Pack ends up at FSU or with the bears.

Our team needs an impact WR more than a RB or a LB.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    We need Jackson. He and Pack are the two impact Wrs in the state this year and I think Pack ends up at FSU or with the bears.

Our team needs an impact WR more than a RB or a LB.
    Our WR play has been a major disappointment since Mullen got here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Our WR play has been a major disappointment since Mullen got here.
    Our best class of wr's since Mullen got here was last year. Give that group some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msstate7 View Post
    Our best class of wr's since Mullen got here was last year. Give that group some time.
    The only Sr WR we have is Ricco Sanders, and he wont get alot of playing time this year- and we just signed 5 more WR's. Plus, we have 4-star Graham committed.

RoJo
    Tubby
    Morrow
    Carr
    Malcolm Johnson (hybrid TE-WR)
    Fred Brown
    Chappelle
    Ross
    Christy
    Wilson
    BJ Hammond
    Holloway
    Sanders (only Senior)
    Sam Cowart
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    "Merry Flipmas" is the most infuriating and ***** shit I've ever heard them say. Pisses me off more because it's unfailingly true every January.
    I call it Rebel Shopping Season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That sounds good in theory. However, name the last guy that left them at the alter. And don't say Robert Elliot. I had 2 coaches of ours say in November prior to him signing with us. We were more worried about losing Marcus green than getting Elliot. Anyway beside him you will be hard pressed to find one. We don't flip their commits, we try to hang onto ours. I don't like saying it but bottom line is, that's the truth. They can go 4-8 (ill put lots on it that wont happen) and it won't matter.
    You are pretty much dead on. And 2010 should have shown all of us that our success and OM's lack of success in a season is only a very minimal impact to in-state recruiting. The things OM does to attract players has very little to do with on field success although it does certainly help when they have it. However, we all know you don't land Top 10 recruiting classes having a 6-6 season coming off of prior multiple losing seasons if you are relying on on-field success as your primary recruiting tool. The best in-state and overall recruiting class we've had that was totally Mullen's was a couple of years ago after Nutt and his staff basically quit knowing they were already lame ducks. We all know that Freeze has reinstituted Orgeron's system with more charisma and even more assistance from the Rebel recruiting network so its going to be an uphill battle for us since we are determined to recruit the "right way" and hang kids out to dry when we find out there was an irregularity in thier recruitment.

vCash
    People put too much stock in the on field results when it comes to recruiting. I still remember UM fans bitching and moaning when we landed Dapoo, Byrdsobg, Deljuan, Norwood, and Nick Turner, all of whom were all americans coming off the 2001 season.

It comes down to taking advantage of the relationship that you hopefully have with that player. I do think once Vandy kicks the shit out of the bears, it will hurt them with out of state prospects way more than with the in state kids. That is why the Oklahoma State game is crucial; I think we win that one by 10, and Vandy beats UM by 10+ all this momentum and recruiting success goes out the window for the bears.

Banned
    vCash
    Speaking of the OM/Vandy game, it reminds me an awful lot of our 2011 AU game. Played them tough at our house. We brought back basically everybody. They lost a ton. They still won. I could completely see that happening for the bears this fall.

vCash
    Vandy will be breaking in a new QB-Bears may get that one in Nashville
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    When will bo Wallace be cleared to practice? Cj Johnson? Will both be ready to go for vandy

vCash
    When will bo Wallace be cleared to practice? Cj Johnson? Will both be ready to go for vandy
    Shoulder injury could be bad for a qb. Hell a shoulder injury has really killed ct Bradford offensively

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    So was Auburn in 2011.

vCash
    So was Auburn in 2011.
    I'm going out on a limb here but I don't think vandys first year qb will be as good as auburns

vCash
    I'm going out on a limb here but I don't think vandys first year qb will be as good as auburns
    Wrong year. I'm an idiot. Thinking about cam

Banned
    vCash
    Wrong year. I'm an idiot. Thinking about cam

Tell me this doesn't reek of massive let down for the bears.

vCash
    Tell me this doesn't reek of massive let down for the bears.
    I've thought vandy will win for awhile. Vandy lost last year to USCe opening night at home and I don't think they do it two years in a row

vCash
    Vandy beats Ole Miss. The blackbears won't sneak up on anyone this fall.

vCash
    I think it'll be a pretty good game. Vandy will be ready, but UMiss will come out with a lot of energy and cockiness. It'll come down to composure in that one.