Thread: Bottom line regarding playoff talk...

vCash

Bottom line regarding playoff talk...

Every team is arguing why their team should be in the playoff, and why the other teams are undeserving. But at the end of the day, none of this arguing and debating is relevant unless we win Saturday. And the same goes for Bama, FSU, Oregon, TCU, Baylor, and Ohio St.

Somebody is going to lose or play a poor game and eliminate themselves. We are so close that winning will give us a great shot at making it, and we will be almost a guarantee if someone else in that group loses. I'm looking forward to enjoying egg bowl week without worrying again about the playoffs until I know we are 11-1 and eligible.

HailState

vCash
    Amen brother . Let's win this weekend and see what the other teams do .then We can start speculating

vCash
    True. We just need to win.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Win. In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Win. In.
    Unfortunately I'm concerned that it will not be quite that simple once conference champions are crowned.

vCash
    If we win we will play Alabama in the Sugar and Forida State will have to go to Pasadena for all of their sins.

It will assure that they don't ge an all sec national championship game.

vCash
    If we win Saturday, we will be the golfer that goes into the clubhouse with the lead on Saturday at the Masters. We'll just have to wait see if we get into the final group or not for Sunday

vCash
    PLEASE stop all of the post season talk and start focusing on the EGG BOWL!!! We have to beat these bastards or I will have to move to another state.

vCash
    We need ksu to beat baylor
    We need texas to upset tcu (big help)
    We need auburn to beat bama but if bama wins we need them to win tin atlanta
    We will not benefit from oregon, fsu or bama losing their con champ game. Only tcu/baylor or osu will benefit from that. If two of those loae their champ game big 12 and big 10 winners will take their place. We could slide in if all three lost.

I just dont think they give us the slot if one loses.

I think we really need baylor to win instead of tcu. Our resume is better than baylors. Both would be nice too

Of course we have to win over om by 14 ir more to keep the committee on our side.

Osu isnt lising to michigan and oregon isnt lising to oregon state. Aint hapnin
    Last edited by gravedigger; 11-23-2014 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    Everyone on this thread that is playing or coaching in the EB, please remove yourself from the thread and go back to work. For the rest of you...

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randyholloway View Post
    Everyone on this thread that is playing or coaching in the EB, please remove yourself from the thread and go back to work. For the rest of you...
    /removes self from thread

Am I doing this right?
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Every team is arguing why their team should be in the playoff, and why the other teams are undeserving. But at the end of the day, none of this arguing and debating is relevant unless we win Saturday. And the same goes for Bama, FSU, Oregon, TCU, Baylor, and Ohio St.

Somebody is going to lose or play a poor game and eliminate themselves. We are so close that winning will give us a great shot at making it, and we will be almost a guarantee if someone else in that group loses. I'm looking forward to enjoying egg bowl week without worrying again about the playoffs until I know we are 11-1 and eligible.

HailState
    Good post. I totally agree. Just win our game and let the chips fall where they may-I really think we'll be in if we just win this game.

vCash
    I am going to keep NOT taking them "one at a time" . This will keep causing others to worry about shit they cannot control. I will only stop when you pay me a ransom of...one hundred billllioooon dollars! Muhahahahahaha!

vCash
    I'll be interested to see Tuesday nights rankings and how the committee places Baylor and TCU. Jeff Long has been saying for a while that the resumes weren't comparable because of games played and that the head to head hasn't come into play yet. Baylor beat OSU and TCU was off so that should be fixed now.

Does Baylor jump OSU AND TCU? Does TCU fall to #7 and below OSU? Who is now #5? Very interested to see how that plays out and to hear the rationale behind how the committee places those teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I'll be interested to see Tuesday nights rankings and how the committee places Baylor and TCU. Jeff Long has been saying for a while that the resumes weren't comparable because of games played and that the head to head hasn't come into play yet. Baylor beat OSU and TCU was off so that should be fixed now.

Does Baylor jump OSU AND TCU? Does TCU fall to #7 and below OSU? Who is now #5? Very interested to see how that plays out and to hear the rationale behind how the committee places those teams
    I feel like the committee will wait until Baylor plays KSU to make the jump over TCU. They keep saying that TCU has played the tougher schedule, and I think they are meaning "TCU has played KSU, and Baylor hasn't yet". However,the fact that Baylor has now played the same number of games, AND TCU crapped their pants against Kansas, may be enough to warrant the swap right now. But if not, no way TCU stays ahead of Baylor if Baylor beats KSU.