Thread: Not again with this crap....

vCash

Not again with this crap....

No, no, no, no, no, no, you do not sit your starters in the Egg Bowl if you've clinched the West already. I do not wanna see cfb downgrade to the 2nd level of football (NFL) way of thinking. I do not want to ever see a playoff game affect in any way what happens in a regular season game, especially with personnel, and especially against your rival. Another reason the playoff doesn't need to expand. Will people please stop suggesting this? When an NFL team goes from 12-0 to 12-4, they usually end up 12-5 because they lose whatever "it" is and the hungry wild card or whatever kicks their a$$ in the first playoff game.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    who in the world suggested that we sit our starters for the Egg Bowl?
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?

vCash
    What are you talking about? Do you really need an explanation for why MSU fans may suggest that? Did it require a new thread with no link to MSU fans doing that?

Think about it from an OM perspective for a minute -- and the motivation behind a few MSU fans suggesting OM is a mulligan becomes clear. Not meant to be taken literally. It's really not that difficult. Spelling out the intent of the troll makes it less effective.
    Last edited by engie; 11-12-2014 at 11:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    What are you talking about? Do you really need an explanation for why MSU fans may suggest that? Did it require a new thread with no link to MSU fans doing that?
    Well, since this thread is up and rolling... I need an explanation as to why we would sit our starters. We would be conceding a loss, and a second one in the SEC CG would mean we are out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyPolice View Post
    Well, since this thread is up and rolling... I need an explanation as to why we would sit our starters. We would be conceding a loss, and a second one in the SEC CG would mean we are out.
    We aren't going to sit our starters. We wouldn't sit our starters under any circumstance in any Egg Bowl. Do people just forget Mullen's entire tenure here in order to freak out about a suggestion that has never been meant to be taken literally?

vCash
    we beat them starting our 3rd string QB last year. Not sure why anyone is worried regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    we beat them starting our 3rd string QB last year. Not sure why anyone is worried regardless.
    3rd string " true freshman " QB !

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post

Think about it from an OM perspective for a minute -- and the motivation behind a few MSU fans suggesting OM is a mulligan becomes clear. Not meant to be taken literally. It's really not that difficult. Spelling out the intent of the troll makes it less effective.

Yup. Joke ruined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    No, no, no, no, no, no, you do not sit your starters in the Egg Bowl if you've clinched the West already. I do not wanna see cfb downgrade to the 2nd level of football (NFL) way of thinking. I do not want to ever see a playoff game affect in any way what happens in a regular season game, especially with personnel, and especially against your rival. Another reason the playoff doesn't need to expand. Will people please stop suggesting this? When an NFL team goes from 12-0 to 12-4, they usually end up 12-5 because they lose whatever "it" is and the hungry wild card or whatever kicks their a$$ in the first playoff game.
    09 saints disagree

vCash
    I should've added (was in a terrible rush) that my rant was inspired by a late call into Bo Bounds this morning and this was more or less where he was going with it. It HAS been brought up here before and I never believed Mullen and company would even consider it but I hate that people are even thinking this way.

The scenario would be that we beat Bama and Vandy and are therefore assured of goin to ATL, so then sitting starters and losing to Ole Miss, but being fresh for the SECCG.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I should've added (was in a terrible rush) that my rant was inspired by a late call into Bo Bounds this morning and this was more or less where he was going with it. It HAS been brought up here before and I never believed Mullen and company would even consider it but I hate that people are even thinking this way.

The scenario would be that we beat Bama and Vandy and are therefore assured of goin to ATL, so then sitting starters and losing to Ole Miss, but being fresh for the SECCG.
    You still are thinking literally about something that no one has intended literally and is totally asinine when considered as such.

It's a shot at OM's over-inflated sense of self-importance. Nothing more or less.

vCash
    Nfl playoffs have a set criteria to make playoffs. Cfb is subjective. No way you take that chance. Besides kicking om's butt is fun

vCash
    Is there a team in the SEC with more key players out than Ole Miss?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Exactly...