Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Danielson

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Gary Danielson

Listened to him on Dan Patrick show.

Doesn't seem to give us much chance, and said if we lose we are definitely out. Reason - OOC schedule and Kentucky, Vandy.

I'm ok with him not giving us a chance in this game, but this talking point about our schedule is BS. I don't understand why any of these people interviewing them don't say "What about their complete schedule versus the other teams?"

Frustrating.

vCash
    If we lose to Bama Saturday and we get knocked out of the top 4, I will never watch College Football again. That will be a travesty
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?

vCash
    Technically, wouldn't our loss to a #5 (CFP) Alabama team still be better than Alabama's loss to a #10 (CFP) Ole Miss team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Listened to him on Dan Patrick show.

Doesn't seem to give us much chance, and said if we lose we are definitely out. Reason - OOC schedule and Kentucky, Vandy.

I'm ok with him not giving us a chance in this game, but this talking point about our schedule is BS. I don't understand why any of these people interviewing them don't say "What about their complete schedule versus the other teams?"

Frustrating.
    Gary is spot on.. We have no shot . Because the last 5 years we haven't been able to run the ball and score on them...
    Gary may have done that interview from Sabans office wearing the Bears houndstooth hat ...

vCash
    Why are pro-SEC people like Danielson and Finebaum knocking us?

Shouldn't they be taking up for us? I wonder if they would be against Bama if they were in the same situation as MSU?

vCash
    I watched the CFB Experts show on ESPN yesterday and they all agreed an 11-1 State is in the playoff. They all seemed to think we were going to finish 11-1 as well- except Kevin Carter said he liked our chances Saturday
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I listed to Danielson on Finebaum yesterday and they both seemed to think this game could easily go either way.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Well, that's good to hear. I'm amazed someone doesn't say "Yeah, they played UT Martin, but they also played 1) @ LSU, 2) Auburn, 3) @ Bama, 4) @ Ole Miss.

NO TEAM IN THE COUNTRY (outside of the SEC) plays 4 tougher opponents!! Not one.

vCash
    I heard Danielson on Finebuam yesterday and he gave a fair asssesment of our game. He likes our front 7, but thinks our secondary could have problems containing Cooper. He thinks we score around 20 points and he said he could see us holding Bama to 17 or Bama could score 38. Neither would suprise him because he thinks "Bama is a 20% better football team at home than on the road". He complimented Dak and J-Rob and thought Mullen would have a good plan.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Why are pro-SEC people like Danielson and Finebaum knocking us?

Shouldn't they be taking up for us? I wonder if they would be against Bama if they were in the same situation as MSU?
    Because we're not good for business in their eyes. Finebaum built his kingdom off of bama and auBarn fans and Danielson is just going with what he is familiar with.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    The funny thing is all these people wouldn't be saying any of this if we'd have scheduled Iowa State instead of UAB, just because Iowa State happens to play in a Power 5 conference... As if that game would have been any harder.

Again, look at the entire schedule, not just OOC. We will have played one of the top 20 overall schedules in the country by the end of the year (we're around 40 right now with @ Bama and @ UM still to go). Most of these other one-loss teams have a SOS that is much worse than that- but because they played a power 5 school in their OOC, they are automatically ahead of us? It's just ridiculous. So who you schedule in the four OOC games carries more weight than how you performed in the 8-9 SEC games? It makes zero sense.

By the end of the season, we will have played five teams that either are in top 10 or were in the top 10 at some point. How many non-SECW teams can say that? I doubt there are any. And it's like that every ****ing year. Let Oregon or TCU play our conference schedule year-in and year-out, then they'll see why we (and most other SECW schools) have to schedule easy teams OOC.

And how could they possibly criticize us for playing Vandy and UK? That's just who happened to roll on the schedule from the SECE this year.

vCash
    Heck Finebaum said if we win we should be ranked something higher than 1.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    The funny thing is all these people wouldn't be saying any of this if we'd have scheduled Iowa State instead of UAB, just because Iowa State happens to play in a Power 5 conference... As if that game would have been any harder.

Again, look at the entire schedule, not just OOC. We will have played one of the top 20 overall schedules in the country by the end of the year (we're around 40 right now with @ Bama and @ UM still to go). Most of these other one-loss teams have a SOS that is much worse than that- but because they played a power 5 school in their OOC, they are automatically ahead of us? It's just ridiculous. So who you schedule in the four OOC games carries more weight than how you performed in the 8-9 SEC games? It makes zero sense.

By the end of the season, we will have played five teams that either are in top 10 or were in the top 10 at some point. How many non-SECW teams can say that? I doubt there are any. And it's like that every ****ing year. Let Oregon or TCU play our conference schedule year-in and year-out, then they'll see why we (and most other SECW schools) have to schedule easy teams OOC.

And how could they possibly criticize us for playing Vandy and UK? That's just who happened to roll on the schedule from the SECE this year.
    Not only all of that, but the bIG12 doesn't even have a conference championship game. So not only do we play in the toughest division, but we also have to face the best team from the east in the championship game. If they're going to compare, let's at least make it apples to apples...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I heard Danielson on Finebuam yesterday and he gave a fair asssesment of our game. He likes our front 7, but thinks our secondary could have problems containing Cooper. He thinks we score around 20 points and he said he could see us holding Bama to 17 or Bama could score 38. Neither would suprise him because he thinks "Bama is a 20% better football team at home than on the road". He complimented Dak and J-Rob and thought Mullen would have a good plan.
    Amazing how Danielson came to the 20% conclusion when Bama has played much tougher teams on the road than at home. I'd love to hear his formula on how he came to that conclusion

vCash
    Listened to the CFP dude on ESPNU last night. Sounds like they are putting a bunch of emphasis on how many top 25 teams you have played and the outcome of those games. I don't think they are paying much attention to games you played against teams not in the top 25, unless you lost to one if those teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hdc View Post
    Listened to the CFP dude on ESPNU last night. Sounds like they are putting a bunch of emphasis on how many top 25 teams you have played and the outcome of those games. I don't think they are paying much attention to games you played against teams not in the top 25, unless you lost to one if those teams.
    Especially when they decide who is in the top 25 and who isn't. For example: Utah is ranked in the top 25 at 6-3 and Minnesota is ranked in the top 25 at 7-2. Yes Minnesota, Arkansas would beat Minnesota by 20 points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I listed to Danielson on Finebaum yesterday and they both seemed to think this game could easily go either way.
    Well if that's the case Bama PR must have called him right after that and ripped his ass... Because today you would have thought we were a 6-3 team at best with no shot ...

vCash
    If the OOC mattered why isn't it effecting us now? Why isn't OOC effecting Bama now? I am so sick of hearing these so called know it all.

By the way Brad Edwards said the exact same thing. You have to wondered is someone scripting them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Well if that's the case Bama PR must have called him right after that and ripped his ass... Because today you would have thought we were a 6-3 team at best with no shot ...
    weird. Hoops gave a pretty good recap of what he said above. Sounded very neutral on Finebaum.

vCash
    unless we schedule and play ourselves, our schedule won't be tough enough.***