Thread: As if this game isn't big enough

vCash

As if this game isn't big enough

Doesn't it have even more importance bc of our recruiting in the state of Alabama? We've done well in Alabama, but we could potentially do even better with a sweep of the Alabama schools

vCash
    As far as Alabama, we're always going to have an uphill battle if Alabama or Auburn want an Alabama native.

I still think that we should focus more on Louisiana- or at least as much as Dan is. Just because in Louisiana you have one major SEC school vs. the two in Alabama. Plus, I think Louisiana is very underrated as far as how much talent is there. IMO, there is more talent in New Orleans than there is in Memphis.

You look at our team- Dak, Josh, Ryan Brown- and then we are getting Briston Guidry from there in 2016. LSU can't take them all.

I think our program has focused a lot on Alabama because most of the time we have had coaches that were from or had connections to the University of Alabama.

We need to find the overlooked guys from Alabama- like Bear Wilson and Blaine Clausell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As far as Alabama, we're always going to have an uphill battle if Alabama or Auburn want an Alabama native.

I still think that we should focus more on Louisiana- or at least as much as Dan is. Just because in Louisiana you have one major SEC school vs. the two in Alabama. Plus, I think Louisiana is very underrated as far as how much talent is there. IMO, there is more talent in New Orleans than there is in Memphis.

You look at our team- Dak, Josh, Ryan Brown- and then we are getting Briston Guidry from there in 2016. LSU can't take them all.

I think our program has focused a lot on Alabama because most of the time we have had coaches that were from or had connections to the University of Alabama.

We need to find the overlooked guys from Alabama- like Bear Wilson and Blaine Clausell.
    yup, additionally, with A&M in the conference, LSU will have to redirect more resources towards Texas for recruits they've been pilfering...

A&M joining the conference was terrible for LSU... oh, and they're stuck with Miles, too.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    yup, additionally, with A&M in the conference, LSU will have to redirect more resources towards Texas for recruits they've been pilfering...

A&M joining the conference was terrible for LSU... oh, and they're stuck with Miles, too.
    I'm not sure why LSU would feel like they have to recruit Texas real hard. I know LSU has a ton of connections in Houston. But I think they could actually come pretty darn close to fielding a NC caliber team with the top guys in Louisiana only.

Now, I can see Arkansas needing to recruit Texas really hard. I think A&M being in the SEC affects them a lot too.

vCash
    I'm not sure why LSU would feel like they have to recruit Texas real hard. I know LSU has a ton of connections in Houston. But I think they could actually come pretty darn close to fielding a NC caliber team with the top guys in Louisiana only.

Now, I can see Arkansas needing to recruit Texas really hard. I think A&M being in the SEC affects them a lot too.
    I can't quote hard numbers, but I'd be willing to guess that no NC team in recent history has a huge % of impact players from in state....

(Possible exception for FSU last year bc Florida has such a huge pool from which to sign...)
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Denver Airport Director
    vCash

I think he means that LSU has always hit Texas pretty hard and now with AM in the SEC those kids don't have to leave the state of Texas to play in the SEC anymore. It was a big deal to LSU recruiting to have AM join.

vCash

If I recall correctly, Auburn and Alabama tend to only take around 10 - 15 of the top players from Alabama. Approximately ten to fifteen combined. That leaves a lot of kids who can play looking for a place to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg4Life View Post
    If I recall correctly, Auburn and Alabama tend to only take around 10 - 15 of the top players from Alabama. Approximately ten to fifteen combined. That leaves a lot of kids who can play looking for a place to play.
    Mixon, Gibson, and Williams come to mind. I'm hoping a win can get us even more traction with Payne