Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Treadwell Rumor??

vCash

Treadwell Rumor??

I had a OM friend of mine that's close to the program tell me this morning that Treadwell is done at OM.
    He's hiring and agent and will be at the IMG sports academy in Florida for the 2016 season preparing for the NFL draft.
    Has anybody else heard this or is this just another BS Rumor???

vCash
    I call BS, just don't see him doing that. No inside knowledge whatsoever and could be 100% wrong though, just to qualify my answer.

Geezer
    vCash
    Doubt it, he is still getting his paycheck on injured reserve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastdoglover View Post
    Doubt it, he is still getting his paycheck on injured reserve.
    I don't believe it, but wouldn't he get paid by an agent too?

vCash
    I highly doubt it. If this was a viable route to the NFL, I feel like more players would take it.

vCash
    This would only be a legit route if the player is a first round guarantee. Treadwell is a first round guarantee as long as he can rehab and get back healthy. He doesn't need another year of playing college football to prove himself worthy. IF, and that's a big IF, this is a legit option, he would be wise to take it.

He can control his rehab more AND he doesn't have to risk trying to come back to help a team win. No pressure at all.

vCash
    He didn't redshirt....can he sit out a year and declare? I don't buy it. He'll be back next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    I had a OM friend of mine that's close to the program tell me this morning that Treadwell is done at OM.
    He's hiring and agent and will be at the IMG sports academy in Florida for the 2016 season preparing for the NFL draft.
    Has anybody else heard this or is this just another BS Rumor???
    If what I heard really went down in the hospital between his momma and freeze, it wouldn't surprise me.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Wasnt Clowney looking to do this before coming back or were people just saying it was an idea to consider?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If what I heard really went down in the hospital between his momma and freeze, it wouldn't surprise me.
    Do tell

vCash

Hmmmm,

Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Did she find out the checks would stop if he couldn't play next year?

vCash
    Will the attorney out of Chicago that paid for Treadwell, pay for him to go to IMG? Serious question.

vCash
    I call BS. People don't make these types of massive decisions this soon after being hurt.

vCash
    On the off chance this is true... what's the reaction of the OM fans demanding the nation pour out their sympathies along with them when they find out he's not returning?

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I call BS. People don't make these types of massive decisions this soon after being hurt.
    I tend to agree. Hard to believe the decision would have been made and all those details worked out so quickly.

vCash
    I assume this injury will take at least a year to recover from. There's no point in playing 3 or 4 games at the end of next year at which point he will be draft eligible.

If I was Treadwell, I probably wouldn't play another college game. I would rehab and get back to 100%. Then I would prepare for the combine. He can still be drafted in the first 3 rounds if he puts up good numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't believe it, but wouldn't he get paid by an agent too?
    no, he has to PAY an agent to represent him. A lot of athletes will use their agent to get loans and such for the them, but the player does not get paid by the agent.
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?

vCash
    I would do it if I were him. There is no reason to risk injury in college with his talent. Heal. Work. Develop. Get paid. There is nothing he can do at UM that will increase his stock. There is no reason to put the stress of actually playing football on an injury like that until he's getting paid for it.

vCash
    BTW, this is close to the same injury that cost former OM tight end Doug Zeigler his career. Just saying
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    If true, nothing official will be announced until after the first Wednesday in February. No way they let that cat out of the bag before they dupe the next group of signees.

vCash
    Will be interesting to see if he's on the sideline for the last few games. Would certainly understand him not being there for Presbyterian, but if he's not there for Arky or the Egg Bowl, then I would tend to believe that he's gone.