Thread: Gatlinburg vacation

vCash

Gatlinburg vacation

I'm taking a trip to Gatlinburg this week. We have a cabin rented in the mountains with a great view, but where would some of y'all recommend are must go and see places ? Also what are some the must eat places around the area? Thanks for any advice in advance.

vCash
    Its been a while but I really enjoyed the Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies and Cades Cove.

vCash
    the acquarium is one of the coolest ones I've ever been to. Rip keys haunted house is cool too. you can take about an hour ride through the mountains and go to Cade's Cove, which is a cove in the middle of a bunch of mountains. been a while, but you could check to see if the wild horses are still running in the valley. pretty cool to see the herd. you see a lot of deer and the cabins from the first settlers in the area.

dolly wood in pigeon forge is cool too.

vCash
    Cade's Cove, Forbidden Cavern's, Ober Gatlinburg to ski or go to the top of Mt. Harrison. They have a zoo there with local animals. There are several tall mountains with lookouts that are pretty neat. The aquarium is nice. I was there in October of last year. The ski slopes weren't open because of no snow. This is a pic on their website.