Thread: Premier League Thread: Week 10

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

Premier League Thread: Week 10

Hey guys...sorry for the delay on starting this thread this week. Better late than ever, right? I know...I know....I missed out on doing a Week 9 thread, but I'll make it up this week.

The Foxes of Leicester City have had a disappointing couple of weeks lately, losing two away matches to Newcastle United (1-0) and Swansea City (2-0). Needless to say, the Foxes need to shape up if they wish to avoid entering the Relegation Zone (currently sitting in the 17th position, just outside relegation). This week, the Foxes return home to King Power Stadium to face off against West Brom. Kickoff will be at 10:00 AM CDT on Saturday and will have to search for a livestream this week. Anyway, the Foxes will need to win in order to get the back into the swing of things for sure.

Now then...how are your teams doing?
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Burnley. Well. I said I didn't think they could stay up. They're in dead last and playing arsenal away at the Emirates this weekend. I don't expect them to move up the table enough, if any at all, to stay up, and I expect a huge fire sale in January.

As for my other team, Real Madrid are rolling. Beat Liverpool 3-0 at anfield, dominated the HATED Barcelona 3-1 in the first el Classico of the season, and beat a low division side 4-1 in the spanish cup. They (and maybe bayern) are probably the most feared team in the world right now

vCash
    Hull City is showing they are a solid mid-table team. It will be interesting to see how they compensate for the rash of injuries they've suffered. It seems like we'll try to get by with Hatem Ben Arfa and Alex Bruce until Jelavic & Dawson are ready to return. Ditto for Jakupovic in goal until McGregor can return.

In a surprising move, we loaned out Tom Ince to Nottingham Forest through the end of December. I'm not very happy about it, but he hasn't played in an EPL game since Week 2. Despite being a highly regarded up-and-comer, Steve Bruce appears unable to find a way to use him, even after the rash of injuries. I really want to see more of Ince. It may have been a small sample, but the club seemed to have a different energy when he was on the field those first two weeks.

Next up for the Tigers is a home tilt at KC Stadium against Southampton. It will be a stiff test, as Southampton is currently second on the table.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash
    Spurs are off to their worst start in six years but we did sign Yedlin from USAMNT and current Seattle Sounder. I guess he must finish his season with the Sounders before he joins Spurs though. Spurs get Aston Villa this week. Should be a win.

vCash
    Yedlin is making the switch in January I believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Next up for the Tigers is a home tilt at KC Stadium against Southampton. It will be a stiff test, as Southampton is currently second on the table.
    Good lead into my report. The Saints wound up beating Hull 1-0 on a Wanyama goal two minutes into the game. We had a few other near goals, but didn't make it. Defense reigns in Southampton, as the Saints have only allowed 5 goals all season; the next closest for goals allowed is 10.

We also beat Stoke in the Capital One Cup 3-2 to move into the quarterfinals. That win came just a few days after beating Stoke 1-0 in a Premier League game. Tough week for Stoke City...

Our next game is 11/8 vs. Leicester.

vCash
    Liverpool dog, pretty good showing by the Reds junior varsity team there at the bernebeu. Thought the floodgates would open after that first goal. I've always respected liverpool as a whole, but I thought Rodgers was cowardly with his lineup today