Thread: MSU survey

vCash

MSU survey

EDIT: Disregard. This was some Ag. Econ ugrad research survey.

============

I received an email from MSU this morning regarding cowbells in the stadium. The way one of the questions were stated, it appeared to only go out to Faculty/staff/students (although that is only my assessment).

It had some interesting questions. One was if you were in favor of banning cowbells from the stadium. Adding metal detectors and security staff to screen for illegal bells. It also had a nice tid-bit about lowering ticket prices, reasoning being, without cowbells we would not be fined by the SEC.

It mentioned we have been fined $30K thus far. I didn't know that, but I wonder where, if anywhere, this is going. I want to think that this is just a data-gathering sideshow. It'll likely be overwhelmingly in favor for keeping the bells (as it should be). FYI for anyone else that sees "MSU Announcements" in your inbox...TAKE THE SURVEY!
    Last edited by jbjones; 10-21-2014 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    the only time I'm concerned with cowbells is when I see people with little babies at the game (others opinion may vary as to who is at fault here), other than that ring away.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Was this from MSU or was this another third party survey? Those questions are really strange and it's weird we haven't heard from the AD that we've been fined. Anyway you could paste the survey here?

vCash
    Yes, it was from MSU. It was from the normal MSU address that sends out announcements. The subject is, "Survey on Cowbells in the Stadium".

I can't post the survey link; It's a dedicated link that I've already taken.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Iguess it helps if I read the whole damned email. Thread can be locked/deleted.

"Your participation will help support undergraduate research in the Department of Agricultural Economics"
    Last edited by jbjones; 10-21-2014 at 09:10 AM.

vCash
    I got it too. I think the $30K in fines are from the first year of logal bells, not this year.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godlluB View Post
    I got it too. I think the $30K in fines are from the first year of logal bells, not this year.
    Agreed. It was just giving some history. They don't determine or assess fines until after the season.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    Yes, it was from MSU. It was from the normal MSU address that sends out announcements. The subject is, "Survey on Cowbells in the Stadium".

I can't post the survey link; It's a dedicated link that I've already taken.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Iguess it helps if I read the whole damned email. Thread can be locked/deleted.

"Your participation will help support undergraduate research in the Department of Agricultural Economics"
    Yeah, it was no offense to you, but there was another email survey sent out asking about gameday experience and it ended up being from a third party that was doing a study. I'm curious as to why the Dept of Ag Econ would want to know about cowbells in the stadium and metal detectors.