Thread: OT: Anyone watching True Detective?

vCash

OT: Anyone watching True Detective?

That show is spooky to me. But riveting at the same time.

vCash
    Watched the first season, It is excellent.

vCash
    Late to the party, are we?

But yes, its an amazing show.

vCash
    Yeah still showing first season.

vCash
    I watched it occasionally when it first came out, but now watching the reruns and watching more closely.

vCash
    Prepare to be riveted -- and ultimately unfulfilled IMO...

vCash
    it was greatness. I know I'm going to be disappointed in season 2. No way it's as good.

vCash
    First season kicked ass.

Given a great cast and and an end in mind (ie: not a ongoing-until-canceled series)... great TV can be made. Exhibit A: Breaking Bad. Exhibit B: True Detective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    First season kicked ass.

Given a great cast and and an end in mind (ie: not a ongoing-until-canceled series)... great TV can be made. Exhibit A: Breaking Bad. Exhibit B: True Detective.
    exhibit C: Sons of Anarchy, even without the star studded cast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    First season kicked ass.

Totally agree with this... I just thought the premise of season 1 could/should have lasted 2 seasons or at least a couple more episodes... I was beyond riveted until the last episodes, when we ultimately didn't get answers to a bunch of questions. I get the premise of "true" detective being done in a pseudo realistic way though where people never get all the answers. The perfection of the rest of the season simply built itself up so much that there was never likely to be total satisfaction for me...