Thread: Playing a Thursday night road game at Mizzou next year

vCash

Playing a Thursday night road game at Mizzou next year

This is great, the rest of the schedule will be released in a minute, but I love Thursday night road game.

1. Usually the crowd is more dead

2. Gives you an extra few days to prepare for your next opponent. Almost an extra bye week.

vCash
    I disagree with Thursday night crowds being dead. Home underdogs routinely overperform in Thursday night games.

vCash
    I hate that. It will be, what, 2027 before we play another game there?

I don't think MSU @ Missouri is worth taking 2 days off of work...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I hate that. It will be, what, 2027 before we play another game there?

I don't think MSU @ Missouri is worth taking 2 days off of work...
    There lies the problem. No one travels to thursday road games. Home field advantage is amplified.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OurState View Post
    There lies the problem. No one travels to thursday road games. Home field advantage is amplified.
    Well, I know we have hosted a number of Thursday night games, and, with the exception of the Egg Bowls, I don't ever feel like the atmosphere is the same as it is on Saturday

vCash
    The difference in how many fans we would have on a Thursday night versus a Saturday night at Columbia, Missouri is negligible at best.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I will be there. I highly suggest you others join me.