Thread: Thoughts on schedule

vCash

Thoughts on schedule

Pros - a lot of teams on our schedule will be coming off difficult games when we play them. I know its the SEC, but no one is playing a cupcake right before us other than LSU in the 2nd game of the season. Details below

Bama LSU in Tuscaloosa (we play Mizzou in Columbia on Thursday so 9 days rest) ADVANTAGE MSU
    Ark - LSU in Baton Rouge (we play Bama in Starkville) PUSH
    Aub - LSU in Baton Rouge (we play Northwestern State in Starkville) ADVANTAGE MSU
    UM - LSU in Oxford (we play Arkansas in Fayetteville) PUSH
    Mizzou - Open Date (we have one too) PUSH
    A&M - Arkansas in Dallas (we play @Auburn) Slight Advantage to A&M
    KY - Auburn in Lexington (we play LA Tech in Starkville) ADVANTAGE MSU
    LSU - McNeese State in Baton Rouge (we play @USM) PUSH

Ole Miss closes with LSU and MSU - 2 biggest rivals. I don't recall that happening before, but could be b/c I don't pay much attention.

Cons - I really don't like seeing Alabama, Arkansas, and Ole Miss back in the 3 game finish. We have historically overlooked Arkansas when sandwiched between Bama and Ole Miss and the Hogs are looking like they are on the verge of turning the corner.

@A&M and @ Auburn back to back. Can't say its unfair based on last 2 weeks, but hate to see 2 brutal road games back to back.

It impacts everyone the same, but I really like the 2 bye weeks that we currently have and hate to see them go away.

vCash
    I like the spreading out of home & away games. I like that the toughest teams are spread out.

I freaking hate Bama-Arkansas-Ole Miss. It sucks to have an SEC West game sandwiched between our 2 rival games. That has been a bad formula for us, and a big reason Arky had a long winning streak in us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nsvltndog View Post
    Pros - a lot of teams on our schedule will be coming off difficult games when we play them. I know its the SEC, but no one is playing a cupcake right before us other than LSU in the 2nd game of the season. Details below

Bama LSU in Tuscaloosa (we play Mizzou in Columbia on Thursday so 9 days rest) ADVANTAGE MSU
    Ark - LSU in Baton Rouge (we play Bama in Starkville) PUSH
    Aub - LSU in Baton Rouge (we play Northwestern State in Starkville) ADVANTAGE MSU
    UM - LSU in Oxford (we play Arkansas in Fayetteville) PUSH
    Mizzou - Open Date (we have one too) PUSH
    A&M - Arkansas in Dallas (we play @Auburn) Slight Advantage to A&M
    KY - Auburn in Lexington (we play LA Tech in Starkville) ADVANTAGE MSU
    LSU - McNeese State in Baton Rouge (we play @USM) PUSH

Ole Miss closes with LSU and MSU - 2 biggest rivals. I don't recall that happening before, but could be b/c I don't pay much attention.

Cons - I really don't like seeing Alabama, Arkansas, and Ole Miss back in the 3 game finish. We have historically overlooked Arkansas when sandwiched between Bama and Ole Miss and the Hogs are looking like they are on the verge of turning the corner.

@A&M and @ Auburn back to back. Can't say its unfair based on last 2 weeks, but hate to see 2 brutal road games back to back.

It impacts everyone the same, but I really like the 2 bye weeks that we currently have and hate to see them go away.
    Seriously, you don't recall OM playing LSU and us back to back to finish the year? I thought they did that all the time?