Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Walking Dead Premier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    the cat van may be the most amazing character in the show right now.

I do like how the hospital is coming into play now. possibly even worth the crappy episode that set it all up.
    Except now it's two crappy episodes. i thought the episode with Beth in the hospital was pretty decent and was clearly setting up future action. I thought this episode was terrible. It was basically a full episode to tell us what we already know. Carol was married to white trash. Darryl was white trash. They are both better people now but still haunted by their past. They have a special relationship but it's not exactly clear what it is. They spent an hour on this without really fleshing out anything we didn't already know. They could have done the entire setup for Carrol going into the hospital in less than a quarter of an episode.

And the van was the worst thing that show has ever done. I'm guessing they shot the scene leaving the van before they did the shot of the van falling. And then once they got that shot and realized it didn't work, they either didn't have the time or money to fix it. They need to make sure they avoid situations like that in the future. THey don't really need stunts like that and if they don't know that they can do it right, they just need to avoid it.

vCash
    I figured the van was going to land head first and their airbags would save them. That's like two cars hitting head on, each at 15mph. That would have been more realistic than what happened on the show, even though the show used the airbags too.

I also noticed some bad looking CGI when zombie heads were getting machete'd. Not sure why. The show has been good with that stuff to this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    I figured the van was going to land head first and their airbags would save them. That's like two cars hitting head on, each at 15mph. That would have been more realistic than what happened on the show, even though the show used the airbags too.

I also noticed some bad looking CGI when zombie heads were getting machete'd. Not sure why. The show has been good with that stuff to this point.
    I think they set up the van to land like that just so they could have the shot of the walker head hitting the windshield. I told my wife the walkers would just walk right after the van but apparently only a couple did.

vCash
    I wonder if they get everyone back to the church including Abraham's group before they attack the hospital. They have 2 weeks left in this half of the season so I think they do the attack on the hospital and you don't know what the aftermath is until February similar to the prison.