Thread: Is it just me or.....

vCash

Is it just me or.....

....does anyone else want to move back to Starkville now?

Maybe get a nice place right off campus. Start a fraternity.....

These two weeks have been crazy. But the restaurant thread........ Back in my day, the egg bowl on campus and UF on a Thursday night was the height of football excitement. Tailgating was for only those guys on RV row. The best restaurants were Harvey's, CJs pizza, Danvers and there was a log cabin Burger King. Night life was cheers or the cross roads or Columbus or crashing someone's party in College Station.

To be 20 years old again......y'all live it and enjoy.

vCash
    I did 4 years ago and will never leave again. Of course i grew up here. I was also gone for 20 years. But this is as close to heaven as earth gets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

These two weeks have been crazy. But the restaurant thread........ Back in my day, the egg bowl on campus and UF on a Thursday night was the height of football excitement. Tailgating was for only those guys on RV row. The best restaurants were Harvey's, CJs pizza, Danvers and there was a log cabin Burger King. Night life was cheers or the cross roads or Columbus or crashing someone's party in College Station.

Youth is wasted on the young.

vCash
    Is that you Frank the Tank?

vCash
    I live a little over an hour away. It would be great to actually live there though, so I could attend more basketball and baseball games

vCash

Oh, I can imagine

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Lived in beautiful Starkvegas since 2008. Love it.

vCash

Yeah, no shit......When I was there we had to drive to Columbus for the most part

to party......There was Classix, The Club, Bob's in Columbus.....Cheers was about it in Starkville.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    to party......There was Classix, The Club, Bob's in Columbus.....Cheers was about it in Starkville.....
    In my foolish days ('58-'62) it was Snow White...Southernaire...Golden Bell...Stein Club... and a few more that I have forgotten...

vCash

I stole a set of salt and pepper shakers from Danvers the last night they were open; met my wife at The Club (W girl of course); and learned how to spin a warm beer on ice to get it cold on the way home from Sack n' Save. It would be awesome to move back when I retire just for the sports.

vCash
    Threw back a number of cold ones at The Club with guys on the 91 team. Good times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    and learned how to spin a warm beer on ice to get it cold
    That brought a smile to my face. Haven't heard that one in quite a while. Spinning a hot beer. 5-7 minutes and its good to go. Less if you are really thirsty.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    I moved back 2 months ago. Perfect timing I'd say. I can't wait to be able to go to every basketball and baseball game I want to. However, it's definitely not the same as actually being in college. Being a student right now would be amazing.

vCash
    Would do it in a heartbeat

vCash
    I've been gone for three months and I've been depressed every day since.

vCash
    I've been lobbying my wife to try and get a job at State. She will finish her first master's soon but she likes where she is right now... Been about 15 years since I lived there.

vCash
    When I graduated in 2001, I mostly hated the town of Starkville. It was pretty bare, and the town was doing nothing to embrace the School.

We now go to many baseball games and love spending spring weekends there.