Thread: Somewhat OT: Where to watch in NOLA?

vCash

Somewhat OT: Where to watch in NOLA?

Anyone have suggestions on a good place to watch the game on Saturday in the Quarter? Staying at the Marriott on Canal, if that helps.

vCash
    Not quite in the quarter, but the Rusty Nail is a cool college football bar. The set up big screens all over their courtyard on gameday Saturdays. It is down by the WWII museum. We could not find a decent bar in the quarter for the LSU game where you could actually hear the audio of the game; so, I asked a local friend and this is where he recommended. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves there.

vCash

Double post. nm

Not quite in the quarter, but the Rusty Nail is a cool college football bar. They set up big screens all over their courtyard on gameday Saturdays. It is down by the WWII museum. We could not find a decent bar in the quarter for the LSU game where you could actually hear the audio of the game; so, I asked a local friend and this is where he recommended. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves there.

vCash
    Can't remember the name but the sports bar at the end if St Charles is cool. It's a trolly ride from the quarter though

vCash
    Help this guy out. Tell him where the State fans party in the city. With LSU down, the general population there will give not two shits for college football next Saturday. You can see the game anywhere, but who wants to party alone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigedawg View Post
    Not quite in the quarter, but the Rusty Nail is a cool college football bar. They set up big screens all over their courtyard on gameday Saturdays. It is down by the WWII museum. We could not find a decent bar in the quarter for the LSU game where you could actually hear the audio of the game; so, I asked a local friend and this is where he recommended. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves there.
    This is at Carrolton and St. Charles. It's one of the most well known sports bars in the city, but the name escapes me right now. The trolley goes right to it, too. They're famous for oysters. Skip it if you're a hygiene freak, though. It's about the dirtiest looking eating establishment I've ever been in.

Cooter Browns is the name of the place. That's probably gonna be your best choice, unless you can find out where the Alumni Association party is.
    Last edited by drunkernhelldawg; 10-06-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: name of place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Anyone have suggestions on a good place to watch the game on Saturday in the Quarter? Staying at the Marriott on Canal, if that helps.
    The hotel lobby. The team and band used to stay there before games with LSU or Tulane, there is a bar in the middle of the lobby, and they have a giant wall that the project the game on.

vCash
    Cooter Browns has tons of TVS and seating (think cafeteria-style seating), its not very close to the quarter, tho, as its in uptown.

Rusty Nail is the local Alabama bar, so that may be a good place for the first half, but it will be all Alabama at 5...

Mannings is the Ole Miss joint (obviously).

Any of those aren't bad, I haven't really gone to the quarter to watch a game as I live in Uptown....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    This is at Carrolton and St. Charles. It's one of the most well known sports bars in the city, but the name escapes me right now. The trolley goes right to it, too. They're famous for oysters. Skip it if you're a hygiene freak, though. It's about the dirtiest looking eating establishment I've ever been in.

Cooter Browns is the name of the place. That's probably gonna be your best choice, unless you can find out where the Alumni Association party is.
    Famous for oysters sounds great, but my wife may be turned away by the lack of cleanliness. I have heard of Cooter Brown's before though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    Help this guy out. Tell him where the State fans party in the city. With LSU down, the general population there will give not two shits for college football next Saturday. You can see the game anywhere, but who wants to party alone?
    I am loving that we probably won't hear much trash from the Tigah fans. That's a rarity over there.

vCash
    Cooter Brown's is what I was referring to. It's uptown at the end of St.Charles. Not super close to where you are but an easy trolly ride.

vCash

The New Orleans Alumni Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    The New Orleans Alumni Chapter usually meets at Fat Harry's on St. Charles (Uptown) for watch parties. It's on the street car line.

However, if you're heart is set on staying in the Quarter to watch. I'd go with Ryan's Pub, Huck Finn's, or Barcadia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousdog View Post
    The New Orleans Alumni Chapter usually meets at Fat Harry's on St. Charles (Uptown) for watch parties. It's on the street car line.

However, if you're heart is set on staying in the Quarter to watch. I'd go with Ryan's Pub, Huck Finn's, or Barcadia.
    Go to Fat Harry's. One of the Funest Bars in the City! The trolley ride is a huge positive, imo. Just catch the trolley at Carondelet (Bourbon) and Canal and stay on until you get to Napolean Ave. Can't miss it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousdog View Post

We have been here many times, but not to watch a State game. I remembered them having some big tv's.

Thanks for all the suggestions.