Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HE15MAN???

vCash

HE15MAN???

I've seen a few heisman list updates this morning and none of them had Dak in their top 5. He has 5 TDs in a win over #6 A&M, including their heisman candidate QB, and gets nothing?

I don't get why there's not an MSU funded picture of him in Times Square going up right now (ok, maybe not that much, but something needs to be done). It's time to launch a Heisman campaign. It's good pub for the university whether he wins or not. He is being taken seriously, so now is the time to do it. If they don't promote it, he has virtually no shot.

vCash
    Idk about any lists, but he's being talked about more than any of them right now. We beat auburn and I don't see how he is not the front runner.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    I know right after the game the @HailStateFB account was tweeting #DakForHeisman and retweeting every writer who said that Dak is now one of the front-runners for the Heisman.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Idk about any lists, but he's being talked about more than any of them right now. We beat auburn and I don't see how he is not the front runner.
    Every single "Heisman update" or "watch list report" I've seen this morning does not include him. TO be fair, it's mostly been about the others losing, but everyone's top 5 should include him and right now I've seen several where he's not mentioned. Just bugs me that we aren't doing anything to get him squarely in the conversation. The team, fans, and he are all doing their part.

vCash
    The campaign is coming.

vCash
    We need to capitalize on this matchup! Ive been looking at everything this morning and things are pretty quiet on him.

vCash
    Indeed. This is the week. We need 50 signs at game day.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Heard it was a 6 figure donation made yesterday after the game just for this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Heard it was a 6 figure donation made yesterday after the game just for this
    If so thats impressive! Use it wisely. This is the thing MS State football has never had (Top QB) @ least during my life.

vCash
    Dak may be the clubhouse leader at this point...

Banned
    vCash
    Haven't you heard? We shouldn't do anything at all. It'll take care of itself......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Haven't you heard? We shouldn't do anything at all. It'll take care of itself......

I'm sure those guys have plenty of experience dealing with Heisman contenders...oh wait!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I've seen a few heisman list updates this morning and none of them had Dak in their top 5. He has 5 TDs in a win over #6 A&M, including their heisman candidate QB, and gets nothing?

I don't get why there's not an MSU funded picture of him in Times Square going up right now (ok, maybe not that much, but something needs to be done). It's time to launch a Heisman campaign. It's good pub for the university whether he wins or not. He is being taken seriously, so now is the time to do it. If they don't promote it, he has virtually no shot.
    I realize the source is questionable but BR has him at #1

Was watching the video thinking "those SOBs are gonna leave him out", then he's featured as #1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ngs-for-week-6

vCash
    I would much rather spend money on a sign in Times Square than play on Thursday nights.

What Dak is doing is the kind of exposure we need to take advantage of. Just promoting him aggressively would do wonders for MSU.

vCash
    I certainly think a promotion campaign would be a good idea, but it really will take care of itself. And it already is. If we beat Auburn and Dak does what he's been doing all year, there won't be anyone in the country who doesn't have him #1 or #2 for the Heisman. And we haven't promoted much of anything officially.

Banned
    vCash
    CBSsports has him listed #1

Banned
    vCash
    http://CBSSports.com Heisman Watch: 1, Dak Prescott; 2, Todd Gurley; 3, Nick Marshall; 4, Melvin Gordon; 5, Amari Cooper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    I know right after the game the @HailStateFB account was tweeting #DakForHeisman and retweeting every writer who said that Dak is now one of the front-runners for the Heisman.
    Sadly, our administration likely thinks this actually constitutes a serious He15man campaign. We're winning Twitter, that's good enough.**
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Sadly, our administration likely thinks this actually constitutes a serious He15man campaign. We're winning Twitter, that's good enough.**
    They've been backing up all of their tweets with stats and continually showing the stats against Cam, JFF, & Tebow.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    They've been backing up all of their tweets with stats and continually showing the stats against Cam, JFF, & Tebow.
    But aGAIN, how does that go beyond Twitter? A Twitter campaign is great, but that isn't enough by itself.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22