Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 game sec football schedule starting in 2015

vCash

9 game sec football schedule starting in 2015

There may also be a bridge schedule starting 2014. What say ye?

Banned
    vCash
    I hate it.

vCash
    Not a fan, unless they change bowl eligibilty rules to take the 70 best teams, regardless of record.

vCash
    is this confirmed ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    is this confirmed ?

yep

6-1-1 bridge in 2014
    6-2-1 with a set cross-division rotation beginning in 2015
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The worse thing about it will be the unbalanced home/away schedule from year to year.
    5 SEC road games will be Hell...

vCash
    and makes it that much harder for us to go bowling and to get to Atl
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The Power of Saban.

vCash
    I stand with the Hatter on this one - screw that !!!

vCash
    The rumor i heard was that in addition to the 9-game schedule, everyone would have to play one hard non-conference game each year. More tv $$$ and "fair" to Georgia/Florida/South Carolina. Any word on that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    and makes it that much harder for us to go bowling and to get to Atl
    It could potentially bite the upper teams too. The ninth game could be a roadblock to getting sec team in championship.

vCash
    Worst idea ever. The SEC will realize it ****ed up when it goes from 8-10 teams routinely in bowls to 6-7. Because we won't be the only ones on the short end of this change. Mississippi, Vandy, TN, and Mizzou will all be in the same boat. Hell, it's all Vandy can do now to go 6-6. That loss of revenue will force a re-evaluation at some point. For all the good it'll do us after missing bowling for a couple of years running.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    The rumor i heard was that in addition to the 9-game schedule, everyone would have to play one hard non-conference game each year. More tv $$$ and "fair" to Georgia/Florida/South Carolina. Any word on that?
    I haven't heard anything but I do think this will be the case. They will probably put in a rule against FCS teams sometime in the future

vCash
    It's going to really hurt teams like us. Especially on the "away heavy" years. I big time hate this.

Banned
    vCash
    Technically that would be 'fair'. Would not benefit us, but it would be fair.

We should be on the horn with Iowa State, Duke, Oregon State, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Indiana, N.C. State, etc. RIGHT NOW. Beat them to the punch. And depending on who they consider 'hard', go after others like Colorado State, Wyoming, UConn, etc.
    Last edited by Goat Holder; 05-28-2013 at 03:39 PM.

vCash
    I wonder how Scott voted? I suppose those fans that said we need to up our schedule by adding in a team like OSU will be thrilled with this requirement. This way we get to up the schedule quality right here in the conference.

vCash
    If we have to play an even tougher schedule to make it fair for Florida, then they should have to share their profits with us equally. Fair is fair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    yep

6-1-1 bridge in 2014
    6-2-1 with a set cross-division rotation beginning in 2015
    I need to buy a vowel here. What do 6-1-1 and 6-2-1 mean?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakePlissken View Post
    I wonder how Scott voted? I suppose those fans that said we need to up our schedule by adding in a team like OSU will be thrilled with this requirement. This way we get to up the schedule quality right here in the conference.
    A couple of weeks ago Bo Bounds interview Scott who said he was opposed to the idea.

One would think that Mizzou, Vandy, OM, Kentucky, and maybe even Tennessee would oppose it. I wonder how it ever passed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    I need to buy a vowel here. What do 6-1-1 and 6-2-1 mean?
    For us 6-2-1 means 6 games vs west, 2 vs non permanent east teams, and permanent east team (Kentucky)