Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just took a loolk at the ticket office.....

vCash

I just took a loolk at the ticket office.....

site. I'm not sure this game sells out.

vCash
    Specifically why?

vCash
    There are very large blocks of tickets left in multiple sections.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Specifically why?
    Could have to do with the God awful time slot. I've seen a lot of posters on here say they can't make it because of kids games and other morning activities. Add in Starkville and surrounding area, only having hotel capacity to fill McCarthy Gymnasium and new expansion, you may not sell this one out. I will be there, but some people have commitments on the weekends, specifically early morning and cannot make 11 am. Others such as myself, would have to leave New Orleans at 4-5 am to make it in ample time, because the lodging situation in and around Starkville is lacking.

vCash
    Probably a lot of people like me who haven't bought em yet but will be there.

vCash
    Lower bowl is pretty much sold out. East side needs the corners to sell, and the west side has a good number of tickets throughout left since A&M did not sell their allotment. Think it'll be very close to a sellout by Saturday.

vCash
    Beautiful weather should help! Me thinks it will be full!
    "Nothing but the dawg in me..." George Clinton

vCash
    A&M did not sell their allotment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    site. I'm not sure this game sells out.
    That blows. Sold my tickets to State fans..wish I could've gone but works nuts, goin to the Auburn game already and that start time really blows ass. I think even if it isnt a sellout that it will look and sound like a sellout. The University and the town also need to get together and talk about a lodging overhaul too. There simply aren't enough rooms im Starville to support how big our stadium has become.

vCash
    11:00 games hurt us and Ole Miss more than other teams because I'd say the majority of our fans live at least two hours away. I'll be driving up Friday night after high school football and arrive about 1:00 a.m. I'd rather do that than leave at 5:00 a.m. the morning of the game but neither option excites me. I hate 11:00 games. I hope it's a sellout but as others have pointed out there are a lot of factors in it being a sellout.

vCash
    I just got tickets today.

vCash
    probably all gone by now, but I got a letter several weeks ago RE: MSU @ Bammer (vistor) tickets, there were some available, FYI.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    The University and the town also need to get together and talk about a lodging overhaul too. There simply aren't enough rooms im Starville to support how big our stadium has become.
    Don't know how you do that for 14 nights out of 365. I'm not a hotel developer, but I just don't see how to make the numbers work. I realize you can mix in a few other big weekends possibly during baseball season but only a very few.

vCash

Tickets

If we don't sell this game out we have ZERO to bitch about when we get "overlooked" for bowls, etc. pathetic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    11:00 games hurt us and Ole Miss more than other teams because I'd say the majority of our fans live at least two hours away. I'll be driving up Friday night after high school football and arrive about 1:00 a.m. I'd rather do that than leave at 5:00 a.m. the morning of the game but neither option excites me. I hate 11:00 games. I hope it's a sellout but as others have pointed out there are a lot of factors in it being a sellout.
    Yep, I'm probably going to have to leave to head to the game at 5:30 in the morning and it SUCKS! I don't want to hear about why its hard to get people to come to games. Everything today is about TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Don't know how you do that for 14 nights out of 365. I'm not a hotel developer, but I just don't see how to make the numbers work. I realize you can mix in a few other big weekends possibly during baseball season but only a very few.
    Starkville is not an option for me because every place there requires a 2 night minimum. I don't have the time or money to want to stay 2 nights over every football weekend so I never stay there. Luckily Columbus is not that far away and several new hotels have been built there over the past few years.

vCash
    I know of two new hotels that are in the works. One thing that hurts is not having an interstate nearby, and Starkville having only about 24k permanent residents. That makes a lot of things very challenging from a feasibility standpoint. But considering that we're undefeated and this is the first home game in a month, it would shock me if the game doesn't sell out.

vCash
    You guys know you can go to airbnb.com and probably get a room for $100.

Just like uber and lyft are replacing taxis, airbnb is doing the same to the hotel business.

I use it a lot. It is awesome. Just make sure the person has decent reviews. The days of $450 a night hotel rooms are coming to an end soon. Greed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Specifically why?
    Not enough "caring".
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I think one reason that is being overlooked is the cheapest face value ticket is $65. That's pretty steep for your average Joe. I sit on the upper west side a lot because I actually like it. What you see up there for the cheaper tickets is a lot of young adults with one or two kids in tow. That is the real base of your last minute crowd that will buy returned visitor tickets. It's how I got started sitting up there. You don't see that as much for the higher priced tickets. That's $260 for a family of 4. Add in $50 for concessions and another $30 at least for gas and you are looking at $340 to go to a ballgame and sit in the upper deck. There just aren't a lot of people in the "lets go to the game this week crowd" that are going to pay that kind of money within easy driving distance of MSU. I think you will see some price adjustments next year if this one doesn't sell out. It may get there yet, but if it doesn't you have to take a hard look at pricing.