Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAFOOM: SEC Nation game = Jefferson Pilot game

vCash

NAFOOM: SEC Nation game = Jefferson Pilot game

....and there will be 120,000 people in Oxford for ESPN Gameday. Yes, the morning ESPN show will draw twice the capacity of their football stadium.

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/49266/S...t#.VCt9pfldWSo

vCash
    hahahahaha... that's freakin hilarious... those guys are something else.

vCash
    120,000, huh? Let's say that vhs is at capacity (60,580). Let's assume every om student (19,431) is there, but not in the stadium. Now let's assume every citizen of Oxford (20,088) is there, but again not in the stadium. Are espn and cbs bringing 19,091 cameramen and crew?

vCash
    SEC Nation and MSU sucks so bad that there is a thread discussing it on the front page of their board, on the week of their "Biggest Sports Weekend in Ole Miss history"!!11!1!!

They aren't fooling anybody. They know there is a very good chance that they get exposed this weekend, so they're worried we will steal all of the thunder from their Super Bowl. They are also extremely butthurt because we are getting as much attention as them this weekend and have our own show in town that is going to be watched by far more people, INCLUDING THEM, because SECN will talk more about their game than ESPN. It kills them that they finally got Gameday and we will be getting as much or more attention and that people think we're the better team in the State anyway. Ha

Oh, and it must suck really bad to have the National media making fun of your begging for GameDay, caring more about a show than your game, and having not proven anything yet. Yea, we're swimming in jealousy**

The guys on that board are so insecure it's embarrassing. The biggest week in Ole miss history (their words not mine), and they're obsessing over us. Typical and hilarious. Like a bunch of little girls with a Bieber concert coming in town.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 09-30-2014 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    The SEC network broadcasts to a whole lot more people than the JP game did. This is a pretty bad comparison by the bears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgsfinnaeat View Post
    The SEC network broadcasts to a whole lot more people than the JP game did. This is a pretty bad comparison by the bears.
    Don't worry when they get sec nation it will be huge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    SEC Nation and MSU sucks so bad that there is a thread discussing it on the front page of their board, on the week of their "Biggest Sports Weekend in Ole Miss history"!!11!1!!

They aren't fooling anybody. They know there is a very good chance that they get exposed this weekend, so they're worried we will steal all of the thunder from their Super Bowl. They are also extremely butthurt because we are getting as much attention as them this weekend and have our own show in town that is going to be watched by far more people, INCLUDING THEM, because SECN will talk more about their game than ESPN. It kills them that they finally got Gameday and we will be getting as much or more attention and that people think we're the better team in the State anyway. Ha

Oh, and it must suck really bad to have the National media making fun of your begging for GameDay, caring more about a show than your game, and having not proven anything yet. Yea, we're swimming in jealousy**

The guys on that board are so insecure it's embarrassing. The biggest week in Ole miss history (their words not mine), and they're obsessing over us. Typical and hilarious. Like a bunch of little girls with a Bieber concert coming in town.
    C'mon now, Cadaver. I hate the BearSharks with a passion, but you're wrong on this point. Yes, diehard fans like us prefer SECN because they talk about games we care about. But for the casual CFB fan that comprises about 90-95% of CFB TV viewers, Gameday is still THE show to watch. A whole lot more eyes will be on Gameday than SECN. For that reason, I WANT Gameday to come to Starkville. But so long as we take care of business with aTm Saturday, that will take care of itself in two weeks with Top 10 Auburn coming to town.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I think it's hilarious that they are going to do a piece on Dak the same week that they are getting Gameday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    C'mon now, Cadaver. I hate the BearSharks with a passion, but you're wrong on this point. Yes, diehard fans like us prefer SECN because they talk about games we care about. But for the casual CFB fan that comprises about 90-95% of CFB TV viewers, Gameday is still THE show to watch. A whole lot more eyes will be on Gameday than SECN. For that reason, I WANT Gameday to come to Starkville. But so long as we take care of business with aTm Saturday, that will take care of itself in two weeks with Top 10 Auburn coming to town.
    I'm talking about in SEC land. And no, I think I'm right. I may be speaking only for myself, but as soon as they start talking Big 10 or any other conference, I click to SEC Nation and never turn back once I get there because I'm locked in. And if you don't think every Ole miss and Bama fan will either tune in live or Record SEC Nation to see what they're saying about their game on Saturday, you're crazy. And every other SEC fan will likely be tuned in to SEC Nation...so tell me where I'm wrong. Again, if you're talking nationally, maybe more watch Gameday....but in the Southeast, I think more will be tuned In to SEC Nation.

And why am I not surprised that out of everything I just said, You would pick out one sentence to argue?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think it's hilarious that they are going to do a piece on Dak the same week that they are getting Gameday.
    I do too. Everything about their big weekend is going to be shared with MSU, and I bet that eats them up. It makes me smile.

vCash
    I'm talking about in SEC land. And no, I think I'm right. I may be speaking only for myself, but as soon as they start talking Big 10 or any other conference, I click to SEC Nation and never turn back once I get there because I'm locked in. And if you don't think every Ole miss and Bama fan will either tune in live or Record SEC Nation to see what they're saying about their game on Saturday, you're crazy. And every other SEC fan will likely be tuned in to SEC Nation...so tell me where I'm wrong. Again, if you're talking nationally, maybe more watch Gameday....but in the Southeast, I think more will be tuned In to SEC Nation.

And why am I not surprised that out of everything I just said, You would pick out one sentence to argue?
    Absolutely I was talking nationally. I thought that was obvious. When you say "far more people," I immediately think in terms of national exposure. I'll agree that SEC fans will probably be watching SECN over Gameday. But it's not about Southeast exposure. It's about national exposure. And you've really had a bug up your ass lately. Might want to get that checked.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I do too. Everything about their big weekend is going to be shared with MSU, and it most definitely eats them up. It makes me smile.
    FIFY and +1

vCash
    TSUN is now an afterthought the rest of the week. We've got a huge game in three days so I'm just worried about them. We win this game and 1.we're in the driver's seat for the west 2. Dak becomes prominently entrenched in the Heisman race and 3. We erase any shred of doubt about how good we are.

Winning at LSU was the first step to our special season. This week is step two. For all the positive press that victory got us, it can all be erased with a piss poor showing Saturday. By 3:00 Saturday afternoon we'll either be viewed in the eyes of the world as a serious playoff contender or a team destined for the liberty bowl that just got lucky because LSU ran out time at the end of the game. Like it or not, true or not, those will be our only two perceptions after Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep. Bo Wallace isn't getting a segment.

In fact, Ole Miss is getting no more coverage on ESPN Gameday than they would if the show were hosted somewhere else. They'll have Ole Miss people in the background...shared with other schools' traveling fans (Washington State) who just want to be on TV.

And from henceforth, ESPN Gameday will be some imaginary feather in their cap which they'll brag about for the next 40 years.

vCash
    Well their analogy would be somewhat correct in that the 11 am SEC network game used to be the JP game with the same broadcasters even, although I agree that it's has a much larger audience now. I'm not sure if the posters meant it literally that our game but they messed up the SEC network time as well, it starts at 9 not 11, leaving the reader to think they think our game is on the SEC network. Their idiocy shows by none of them calling out the original poster because we are playing on ESPN not SEC network. So we have the SEC network game day crew on campus leading up to the main ESPN morning game. Pretty big difference and a lot of fail in that thread.

vCash

College Gameday=

Public execution.

vCash
    When AL beats their ass, all this game day bragging will be out the window.

vCash
    OM has more mascots than wins over Bama in my lifetime (32 years) Roll Tide

vCash
    It's all about the party. Game Day is more important than beating Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordawg View Post
    OM has more mascots than wins over Bama in my lifetime (32 years) Roll Tide
    This^^^^is Gold.