Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just took a loolk at the ticket office.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    I know of two new hotels that are in the works. One thing that hurts is not having an interstate nearby, and Starkville having only about 24k permanent residents. That makes a lot of things very challenging from a feasibility standpoint. But considering that we're undefeated and this is the first home game in a month, it would shock me if the game doesn't sell out.

vCash
    You guys know you can go to airbnb.com and probably get a room for $100.

Just like uber and lyft are replacing taxis, airbnb is doing the same to the hotel business.

I use it a lot. It is awesome. Just make sure the person has decent reviews. The days of $450 a night hotel rooms are coming to an end soon. Greed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    I agree with the rest of your post, but airbnb hasn't caught on in Starkville yet. There's hardly anything available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post

Just like uber and lyft are replacing taxis, airbnb is doing the same to the hotel business.
    t
    I use it a lot. It is awesome. Just make sure the person has decent reviews. The days of $450 a night hotel rooms are coming to an end soon. Greed.
    Airbnb.com has a total of (4) places to stay for the Auburn weekend starting at $300/night.......in the Highlands. Woof.
    Last edited by SaltyDawg; 09-30-2014 at 11:27 AM.

vCash
    I think one reason that is being overlooked is the cheapest face value ticket is $65. That's pretty steep for your average Joe. I sit on the upper west side a lot because I actually like it. What you see up there for the cheaper tickets is a lot of young adults with one or two kids in tow. That is the real base of your last minute crowd that will buy returned visitor tickets. It's how I got started sitting up there. You don't see that as much for the higher priced tickets. That's $260 for a family of 4. Add in $50 for concessions and another $30 at least for gas and you are looking at $340 to go to a ballgame and sit in the upper deck. There just aren't a lot of people in the "lets go to the game this week crowd" that are going to pay that kind of money within easy driving distance of MSU. I think you will see some price adjustments next year if this one doesn't sell out. It may get there yet, but if it doesn't you have to take a hard look at pricing.

vCash
    You can get upper deck tickets for 40$'s

I bought 2 lower deck visitors section yesterday for 65$'s. We have relatives close by so we can double up the trip, visit for kids to Papaw's and game for us! Glad there were some tickets available, but there weren't a whole lot. especially down low.

vCash

If we can't sell out a Top 15 matchup, our fans suck..

This will be my 3rd MSU game and 4th football game this year to attend. I hate the 11am time too, but I will be there..

The Bears will sellout b/c of all the Bama fans. Their tickets are going for $250-$300.

vCash
    Seriously, screw the start time, our fans need to nut up and be there. We need to make sure that the crowd is a factor in this game. The entire country will be watching and we can't have 3 empty sections for a Top 15 matchup.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Also, VRBO.com and homeaway.com are great sites for this and general vacation lodging. We got a house for the Auburn weekend through VRBO.

vCash
    Upper deck $40 on the MSU site? Cheapest I saw when I looked was $65.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Upper deck $40 on the MSU site? Cheapest I saw when I looked was $65.
    Did you check upper deck, end sections?

vCash
    If that stadium isn't filled Saturday, our fans have no business scratching their heads when Dan Mullen leaves. This is the biggest game on campus in at least a decade. It should be filled regardless of time slot. I can understand a crap non conference game. This one is different. We don't show up and it says to coaches and recruits that we place a low priority on winning and only care when it falls in our laps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAVdog View Post
    Did you check upper deck, end sections?
    Just checked again, you are correct $45 for the end sections. Those are returned tickets. Still a lot of tickets left. That gets the total price of going down to about $280 for a family of four. My point still stands.

vCash
    I don't get it. Last year I saw where ya were beyond capacity. Did adding 6000 seats make that much difference?

And like some have said, this is a huge game, national stage... Two top ranked teams, etc....

If y'all don't sell this out, I'm gonna want my jumbotron and expansion money back!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I don't get it. Last year I saw where ya were beyond capacity. Did adding 6000 seats make that much difference?

And like some have said, this is a huge game, national stage... Two top ranked teams, etc....

If y'all don't sell this out, I'm gonna want my jumbotron and expansion money back!
    Much of the problem is the gametime Tusk. At Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Northport, and Birmingham are all within an hour of your campus. In contrast, most of MSU's fanbase live 2+ hours away in Jackson, Birmingham, and Memphis.

When MSU plays at 11:00 AM, it makes it tough for families. That being said, I expect this game will sell out.

If next weeks game against Auburn is at 2:30 or later, you won't be able to find a ticket. MSU's location just creates a unique problem when we get bad game times.

You also have to consider that A&M has road games this year at Bama and Auburn in addition to MSU. Of those three road trips, going to Starkville is probably the least desirable and thus A&M won't hardly bring any fans. This creates a massive influx of tickets available at the last minute, that MSU fans can buy. Most of the tickets still left are these tickets, and, since they just came on the market, it will take time to sell them. If A&M sells it's allotment, we probably aren't dealing with this.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-30-2014 at 11:59 AM.

vCash
    Dont worry tusk. Bama will have enough money to pay for the next albert means.....if you save for a couple years.

vCash
    People don't have money to burn. They like tv. Our crowds haven't had time to adjust to the 6000 seat expansion. Hopefully, it will catch up. If not, I hope the athletic department gets some deals out there for youth groups and stuff so we can get those seats filled. Nothing sinks a program like a bunch of empty seats in the stadium.

vCash
    I just looked at every section. I'd estimate there are at least 3000 tickets left. There are a LOT in sections that aren't returned tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I just looked at every section. I'd estimate there are at least 3000 tickets left. There are a LOT in sections that aren't returned tickets.
    3000 is actually not bad. Prob. be down to 1000 by kickoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    3000 is actually not bad. Prob. be down to 1000 by kickoff.
    Agree, 3,000 isn't bad, and, I agree, it will be down to under 1,000 by kickoff, and probably not even noticeable. My bigger worry is that students won't wake up that early, and their, OVERSIZED, student section won't be completely full.