Thread: How much longer...

vCash

How much longer...

Will Derek mason be the coach at Vandy? And this is not "just cuz ole miss destroyed them" but they are a painfully poor coached team. It is so obvious he is in over his head. His players are lost and he looks lost a lot of the time. When rivers walked off the line late in the game with no timeouts left I thought I had been taken back to the croom years. While I didn't watch the whole game it seemed that every positive play Vandy had was an improv play or just a great personal effort by a wideout. Masons whole approach and even his mannerisms scream that he had no clue. Now how long til they cut their losses??

vCash
    They are horrid, on both sides of the ball. And I've seen people compare him to Croom, and I totally agree, he is at least, if not way more, over his head as a HC as Sylvester was. The difference though, is Vandy has recruited pretty well the past 4 years, and Mason arrived with a cupboard that was far from bare. He was DOA last week; this week was just a confirmation. He sucks.

vCash
    He should be let go at the end of the season. He's in WAY over his head. Not a head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Will Derek mason be the coach at Vandy? And this is not "just cuz ole miss destroyed them" but they are a painfully poor coached team. It is so obvious he is in over his head. His players are lost and he looks lost a lot of the time. When rivers walked off the line late in the game with no timeouts left I thought I had been taken back to the croom years. While I didn't watch the whole game it seemed that every positive play Vandy had was an improv play or just a great personal effort by a wideout. Masons whole approach and even his mannerisms scream that he had no clue. Now how long til they cut their losses??
    I may be mistaken, but I don't ever remember one of our QB's trying to call a timeout during the Croom era when we didn't have one. Now, there certainly were plenty of dumb things that happened- so I'm not defending.

But I do think Mason is honestly worse than Croom. I mean, yeah- we may lose to Tulane, but at least Croom had the sense to put in Conner to try to spark the offense- which it did for a little while. Mason is getting waxed by Temple at home. And with Croom there was always that off chance that it just might be our day and we pull off an upset of Florida or Alabama somehow. With Mason, I'm wondering if they'll score a TD this year.

vCash
    They only returned 10 starters this year and nobody of substance. Franklin- like Fedora- knew when to bail
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I don't ever remember one of our QB's trying to call a timeout during the Croom era when we didn't have one. Now, there certainly were plenty of dumb things that happened- so I'm not defending.

But I do think Mason is honestly worse than Croom. I mean, yeah- we may lose to Tulane, but at least Croom had the sense to put in Conner to try to spark the offense- which it did for a little while. Mason is getting waxed by Temple at home. And with Croom there was always that off chance that it just might be our day and we pull off an upset of Florida or Alabama somehow. With Mason, I'm wondering if they'll score a TD this year.
    The only thing that saved Croom as long as he lasted was that we had the USM program killer running the D. Without the 2 pick sixes and a special teams play vs. Ole Miss, Croom wins 4 games that year instead of going bowling. Just buy Mason a golf cart and tell him that he's doing it the right way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    The only thing that saved Croom as long as he lasted was that we had the USM program killer running the D. Without the 2 pick sixes and a special teams play vs. Ole Miss, Croom wins 4 games that year instead of going bowling. Just buy Mason a golf cart and tell him that he's doing it the right way.
    I don't disagree with that, but I still say that Croom's offense was better than Vandy's. Normally, even Croom could muster up 10 points or so. The only reason Vandy's offense has any points at all right now is because Ole Miss gave them the ball on the five- and then they had to settle for a FG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't disagree with that, but I still say that Croom's offense was better than Vandy's. Normally, even Croom could muster up 10 points or so. The only reason Vandy's offense has any points at all right now is because Ole Miss gave them the ball on the five- and then they had to settle for a FG.
    LOL. Yep. You're right. It's just sad that the Croom Coast offensive is considered superior to anything.