Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thursday Morning "DON"T JUMP!!" Injury Thread

vCash

Your Thursday Morning "DON"T JUMP!!" Injury Thread

Word from Robbie on 247 last night is Bear will play, Malcolm may play (apparently he's not even wearing a cast), and that we won't know about Dak until gametime. My guess is we hold Dak out to be safe..although I would really like him to play so we can get some timing issues taken care of before the Corndogs. If you have any additional info feel free to correct me.

vCash
    How does he get hurt in practice when no one is allowed to hit him? Hope he isn't becoming a constant injury risk.

vCash
    I heard the entire offensive line contacted mono from a stripper at the pony Saturday night. This is from the stripper's roommate's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother that is a nightshift cook at the Waffle House in West Point. He said he overheard a cell phone conversation from a customer that ordered a double cheeseburger and onion rings that night around 3:00AM.

vCash
    I am not worried if DAk plays this weekend or not and I am not worried about timming issues. His timming did not look bad saturday and he will still practice so that is not issue with me. This game will give the Back Up QB some really good reps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    How does he get hurt in practice when no one is allowed to hit him? Hope he isn't becoming a constant injury risk.
    This is my fear as well. If he is really injured, I hope Mullen discloses whether or not it was during the game or in practice. If it was during the game I'm worried because he barely did any moving around. If it was in practice then I'm at a loss...

I was paranoid before the season started that he would have 1 or 2 injuries during the season..I pray I'm not right. One thing I'll give his back up, DWill can take a shot and keep going. That kid is tough as nails. (Knocks on wood)

Banned
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I heard the entire offensive line contacted mono from a stripper at the pony Saturday night. This is from the stripper's roommate's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother that is a nightshift cook at the Waffle House in West Point. He said he overheard a cell phone conversation from a customer that ordered a double cheeseburger and onion rings that night around 3:00AM.
    So, your source is sevendust?

vCash
    Well, we might as well go ahead and get Damien some serious playing time, because if Dak can get hurt in 2 quarter and a practice, we will need Damien a LOT this year. I'm disappointed.

vCash

vCash
    If you watch the end of the game, it looks like Dak has a limp when he is heading to the locker room. It was either a limp or a gangster walk, one of the two
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?

vCash
    If he did get hurt in the game I hope the next time he plays there are no restrictions on his running. He took one sack where he sat on the ball long enough for it to hatch. Wondering if that is the play he got hurt on...if he is indeed hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Well, we might as well go ahead and get Damien some serious playing time, because if Dak can get hurt in 2 quarter and a practice, we will need Damien a LOT this year. I'm disappointed.
    Yep, me too. I guess we will know Saturday.

vCash
    If he did get hurt in the game I hope the next time he plays there are no restrictions on his running. He took one sack where he sat on the ball long enough for it to hatch. Wondering if that is the play he got hurt on...if he is indeed hurt.
    Yea, if Mullen really told him not to run the ball much, that pisses me off. You hear time and time again people say they are more likely to get injured while being cautious, than they would be just playing their normal game. Quit holding shit back and let's get out there and let it rip. These guys are young and in great shape....they should be able to get out there and let it all hang out for 12 games a year.

vCash
    It never crossed my mind how injury prone Dak is. We need to get the 2nd and 3rd team qbs reps the next two weekends.

vCash
    He also took a monster hit on a TD pass to Bear in the 3rd quarter (I think), the RT simply let his man go and get a free shot on Dak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    He also took a monster hit on a TD pass to Bear in the 3rd quarter (I think), the RT simply let his man go and get a free shot on Dak.
    True.

Surprise, surprise....our OLine could be the cause of this.

Still surprised our "best OL in Mullen's tenure"* was allowing that much pressure from USM.

vCash
    Not sure if yall are serious? The dude may or may not be hurt, but all you guys can say is you are disappointed in him and he is "injury prone?" Get a grip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    True.

Surprise, surprise....our OLine could be the cause of this.

Still surprised our best OL in Mullen's tenure was allowing that much pressure from USM.
    Hey may have taken some hits because of our line but nothing that I would have thought would cause an ankle injury. If you want to see some shots, watch DWill in last year's Arkansas and Mississippi games. That guy can take a hit and keep truckin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    Not sure if yall are serious? The dude may or may not be hurt, but all you guys can say is you are disappointed in him and he is "injury prone?" Get a grip
    Didn't say I was disappointed "in him". I'm disappointed if he's hurt. Don't twist people's words.

vCash
    I'm really just venting because it's going to be a bummer if Dak misses a good stat padding game where we could gain more momentum heading into LSU. It would be typical MSU to lose our growing hype due to a fluke injury and a close win over UAB with our backup QB.

I'm sort of hoping that me venting will lead to it not being true, and I will have pulled the ole "College World Series" reverse jinx.*