Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Football Power Index

vCash

ESPN Football Power Index

vCash
    This is our year. Time to nut up or shut up.

vCash
    If we don't have a huge year this year, it may never happen. Everything is there for us to win big. Just gotta put the pedal to the floor.

vCash
    It will not happen with Dan making bone headed decisions like be did Saturday night. He has got to leave the first team o on the field, let them stay in sync. If he keeps making calls like he did on the third possession Saturday night we won't compete in the west, we will be imbarrased . He has to keep Dak and the first team on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    It will not happen with Dan making bone headed decisions like be did Saturday night. He has got to leave the first team o on the field, let them stay in sync. If he keeps making calls like he did on the third possession Saturday night we won't compete in the west, we will be imbarrased . He has to keep Dak and the first team on the field.
    Shirley you can't be serious

vCash
    100% . If he keeps yanking Dak in and out of the game how is the offense supposed to get in sync?

vCash
    For goodness sakes man, we were playing USM and Dan had decided to play the backups on the 3rd possession prior to the game to reward them for working hard.

Do you know what that means to those players?
    Do you know how much that helps the moral of the team?
    Do you know how much more that motivates the backups to prepare each week and care?

If there is one thing I've learned about Mullen, it's that he could give two rips about what our ranking is, how many points we win by, or what the media thinks about us. All he cares about is building his team the best way he knows how.

When we play good teams, Mullen will obviously not sub in the 2n team for the 3rd series, but I agree with what he did the other night. When you reward hard work, you know what you get in return from your players? Hard work and respect. Both of which leads to discipline and leadership.

Mullen is a good coach because he respects his players rather than always using the media to say he needs better ones.

vCash
    Pay attention, Dan said pregame that no matter what, he was going to run our number 2s on the 3rd possession to reward them for their fall camp work. Dan knew this game was a laugher and could afford to do that. Won't happen in the big games.

vCash
    100% . If he keeps yanking Dak in and out of the game how is the offense supposed to get in sync?
    Dakota played every possession but 1 in the 1st half. How could he not get in sync?

Id be prepared for him to do it again Saturday. Mullen isnt looking at point spreads- he is looking at getting his back-ups playing time when the game is on the line so that they will be better players when called upon.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    For goodness sakes man, we were playing USM and Dan had decided to play the backups on the 3rd possession prior to the game to reward them for working hard.

Do you know how much more that motivates the backups to prepare each week and care?

dead on
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Just so the troll with 7 posts doesn't high jack this thread, the ESPN power index is very interesting because all the other teams in the list appear to be in somewhat the order of the actual AP/Coach's Poll.

Due to this, it's hard to make a case that MSU slipped through the cracks. As this poll clearly states, we are by far the most undervalued team in college football.

But for some reason, the media cares more about recruiting rankings than actual play on the field. You can't make this stuff up.

vCash

vCash
    Y'all make great arguments about the USM game, but has Dan not made these same dumbass calls in games that mattered last year or am I just imagining shit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Id be prepared for him to do it again Saturday. Mullen isn't looking at point spreads
    Agree. I hope he does do it again on Saturday. If you have ever coached a day in your life, you would know one thing: It doesn't matter whether you are coaching Little League, High school, or in the NFL, when your whole roster has a role and knows that they will be counted upon to perform in some capacity, it enhances the team moral, team comradery, and makes every player focus on the preparation. We become a better team by doing this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

If there is one thing I've learned about Mullen, it's that he could give two rips about what our ranking is, how many points we win by, or what the media thinks about us. All he cares about is building his team the best way he knows how.
    When we play good teams, Mullen will obviously not sub in the 2n team for the 3rd series, but I agree with what he did the other night. When you reward hard work, you know what you get in return from your players? Hard work and respect. Both of which leads to discipline and leadership.

Mullen is a good coach because he respects his players rather than always using the media to say he needs better ones.
    You had more time to spell it out for him than I did

vCash
    Troll my ass. I have been a state fan from the day I was born and you can blow me. I love this university and everything it stands for . I bleed maroon and white now and will bleed it until the day I die. I can see where some of y'all are com

vCash
    Does anyone know how the 'Team Efficiencies' are calculated? Trying to figure out how our Special Teams were 2x as 'efficient' as our offense. I'm guessing the goal line fail didn't help the offensive category...

vCash
    ing from, but Dan makes the most stupid in game decisions of any coach I have ever saw make a decision.

vCash
    ing from, but Dan makes the most stupid in game decisions of any coach I have ever saw make a decision.
    You should watch the beaver then

vCash
    Yep. It's amazing what happens when you take away bias, history, recruiting rankings and perception away and actually look at things objectively. We are the most underrated team in college football...