Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESPN Football Power Index

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    NO NO NO . In no way did I say that there is no benefit in playing the second team in any game . I said it is stupid to play the second team (1-b) offense on the third series of a 7-0 game when your first team (1-a) offense hasn't established itself.
    Your initial complaint was that we can't win if Dan makes boneheaded moves like the personnel decision he made early in the USM game. Many people have spelled out that it was his plan the whole time, that it helps us a great deal in the long run, and that it's a perfectly okay thing to do against a weak opponent.

What was boneheaded about that? Why do you think this will continue? How can you call his decisions the most boneheaded thing you've seen, when he followed Croom? Does this mean you are really young? Why would you let your first team "establish" itself first before the preplanned subs come in? Wouldn't that unestablish the first team? Did you want Dan to break his promise to the second squad?

You really are just complaining for the sake of complaining here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post

Also Williams needs to play because the way that dak is gonna have to play once we play good teams, he is likely to get hurt.
    I'll never understand why a fan would say a player, on their own team no less, is LIKELY to get hurt

vCash
    ing from, but Dan makes the most stupid in game decisions of any coach I have ever saw make a decision.
    Shit, he makes some head scratching decisions, but he's no croom, that's for damn sure.

vCash
    agreed ref It didn't hurt us. I see where you are coming from with your point of view, but if Dan continues with his past history it will hurt us before the season is over .dogoneyall you can kiss my ass I'm bulldog through and through.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    agreed ref It didn't hurt us. I see where you are coming from with your point of view, but if Dan continues with his past history it will hurt us before the season is over .dogoneyall you can kiss my ass I'm bulldog through and through.
    Or maybe we will have experienced guys ready to step in without any drop-off if one of our other players gets injured. Two-headed coin.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    You are developing quite a reputation around here...Way to start your career off on this message board on the right foot.... In 15 posts you have a bigger reputation than many guys that have been here for years, have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    The media wants to see us against top 25 team before anointing us. I do too. They are still scared of us falling apart when we go through LSU, ATM, Aub.
    ing from, but Dan makes the most stupid in game decisions of any coach I have ever saw make a decision.
    You must be six years old then because I saw plenty of head scratching shit during the Croom Error. What made the Croom Error worse was he had no idea how to develop talent, unlike Mullen and his staff.

vCash
    It will not happen with Dan making bone headed decisions like be did Saturday night. He has got to leave the first team o on the field, let them stay in sync. If he keeps making calls like he did on the third possession Saturday night we won't compete in the west, we will be imbarrased . He has to keep Dak and the first team on the field.
    It was a good team morale booster, rewarded the players for their dedication and efforts in practice, demonstrated the MSU team (family) concept (not the me me me type) and the positives go on and on. Seems like Dak and the other starting players, as well as all the other players were supporting them on the field, so what is your problem?

vCash
    It will not happen with Dan making bone headed decisions like be did Saturday night. He has got to leave the first team o on the field, let them stay in sync. If he keeps making calls like he did on the third possession Saturday night we won't compete in the west, we will be imbarrased . He has to keep Dak and the first team on the field.
    This is why you schedule warm up games like USM. So you get everyone on the field and it would be pretty shitty Dak getting hurt when we have a 42 point lead and he did not have to be in the game. I guess that goes for every starter.

vCash

Donate you V Cash to me before you get run off.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Good lord. Ok, let me re-phrase...."He runs a lot and was hurt last year. Since he runs a lot and we play in the SEC, there are a lot of NFL types that are going to be trying to kill him. If he happens to get hurt...someone needs to be ready." Better?

Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    I'll never understand why a fan would say a player, on their own team no less, is LIKELY to get hurt