Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many Top 25 wins does Mullen get this year?

vCash
    The goalposts will always move for Mullen- people have proven that the last 5 years
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The goalposts will always move for Mullen- people have proven that the last 5 years
    The goalposts should move. I just don't understand why some people are trying to set them at 55 yards when we just started hitting 30 yarders consistently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDawg View Post
    ....a 7-6 FL team......
    Florida went 8-5 and finished 2nd in the East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Alabama is our only real chance to beat a team that ends in the top 25.
    What?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post

How many coaches over the last 5 years HAVE NOT lost a game they were suppose to win..
    CDM is one...
    So once he beats a ranked team in the west it will be something else..
    In fairness, he lost as a road favorite to Auburn in 2011, and I believe we might've been slight home favorites to Houston in '09. Thing is, I don't think that "doesn't lose games he's supposed to win" says a whole lot because we are typically favored to beat non-conference teams, Kentucky, and whoever on our schedule is historically bad that year...

Just saying -- not a real Mullen criticism, but an observation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec...ecords-top-25/

I'll be more than happy with 2, that would double his total to 4. It's past time for a signature win..

He is 2-21 right now, with his last win back in 2010(UF).

He is also 0-19 vs the Top 20..

L LSU #7
    L GT #25
    L UF #1
    L Bama #2
    W Ole Miss #25

L Auburn #21
    L LSU #15
    W UF #22
    L Bama #12
    L Ark #13

L LSU #3
    L SC #15
    L Bama #3
    L Arky #6

L Bama #1
    L A&M #16
    L LSU #7
    L NW #20

L OSU #13
    L LSU #10
    L SC #14
    L A&M #15
    L Bama #1
    Really?! I had no idea! Why haven't you posted this information before now?

vCash
    he's beaten every sec team he's faced except for Bama and LSU, right?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    he's beaten every sec team he's faced except for Bama and LSU, right?
    And SC and TAMU.

Banned
    vCash
    The fact still remains that even if we eked out 11-2 in a dream scenario, there would be some asshat analyst on TV blaring that the "SEC was down. This State team isn't as good as its record." And loads of other shit. Then they'll inevitably refer to us as TSUN, and I'll put my remote through the TV.

vCash
    Top 25 when we played them or Top 25 in final rankings?
    Doesn't matter!! Like somebody said. The goalpost will be moved. If they're not in final top 25 our detractors won't "count" it. Example: TAMU is liable to be in top 25 when we play but they won't go bowling this year.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    What's really at the crux of this is that Mullen has lost the close ones:

SC at home
    LSU at home
    Auburn at home
    Auburn twice on the road

we all agree he needs another Auburn..or an LSU, A&M type of notch on his belt this year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash

SC at home
    LSU at home
    Auburn at home
    Auburn twice on the road

we all agree he needs another Auburn..or an LSU, A&M type of notch on his belt this year
    This. We will get over the hump against somebody this season. I can feel it.

vCash

SC at home
    LSU at home
    Auburn at home
    Auburn twice on the road

Well said C34.. And with a healthy DAK we should get a win or 2 over LSU, A&M or Auburn this year.

vCash

SC at home
    LSU at home
    Auburn at home
    Auburn twice on the road

This all day. I have seen so many close losses to good teams during Mullen's tenure. Time for him to win one. If he can't do it this year I fear he never will.

ETA: I agree with a previous poster that even if we went 11-2 there would be talking heads who would give us zero credit. All the others would call us Ole Miss.

vCash

SC at home
    LSU at home
    Auburn at home
    Auburn twice on the road

Don't forget Arkansas at home when Arkansas played in the Sugar Bowl. We win that game in OT if Ballard doesn't fumble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Don't forget Arkansas at home when Arkansas played in the Sugar Bowl. We win that game in OT if Ballard doesn't fumble.
    Please don't bring that game up. It's hard to decide which loss was worse: That loss in double OT or the goalline loss to LSU in 09. I was present in the student section for both of those deflating defeats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    Please don't bring that game up. It's hard to decide which loss was worse: That loss in double OT or the goalline loss to LSU in 09. I was present in the student section for both of those deflating defeats.
    Pitch the damn ball Tyson Lee...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    I think the gut punch against LSU was worse. We knew Arkansas would at least get the ball in OT -- the way we were moving the ball and the time on the clock, the student section was already pretty sure we were going to beat LSU. Rush the field plans were definitely being discussed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    The fact still remains that even if we eked out 11-2 in a dream scenario, there would be some asshat analyst on TV blaring that the "SEC was down. This State team isn't as good as its record." And loads of other shit. Then they'll inevitably refer to us as TSUN, and I'll put my remote through the TV.
    And they'll probably be some asshat on here that bitches about how Mullen blew it in the two losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    And they'll probably be some asshat on here that bitches about how Mullen blew it in the two losses.
    If we go 10-2 in teh regular season, Mullen might get credit, but if we go 9-3, you can bet your last dollar that somebody will be complaining that Mullen only beat teams that were bad or down. And even if we go 10-2, if we go 10-2 and A&M and Auburn both end up at 7-5 or 8-4, there will probably be somebody complaining that he only beat them because they were down. There are a certain number of fans that won't be happy until Mullen beats a team that ends up going to the playoffs.