I saw this topic posted elsewhere and thought it would be a good one here. What are some things that you have learned the hard way or just can't believe you did while boating, fishing, hunting, etc. I must admit that I've had quite a few WTF moments in the outdoors. A lot of it is probably due to self-teaching certain things like kayak fishing & bow hunting.

If I had a camera around me during my first couple years of bow hunting, I think I would be too embarrassed to watch the video. I missed a few, spooked a bunch and who knows what else. I'm still no Fred Bear, but I'm at least competent and now I'm hooked forever. No telling how many items I have lost overboard while fishing from a kayak, due to not having them tied down or on a float. Another is freaking out and spending way too much time trying to "fix an outboard" when I really just bumped the kill switch loose. This one is always one of those "doh" moments.

I'm sure there are plenty of boat ramp stories. People tend to lose all intelligence at the ramp at 5:00am.