Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Left Field Lofts...

vCash

The Left Field Lofts...

are really a great concept - unique in college athletics, as far as I'm aware, and a nice revenue enhancer. My question is, why couldn't we do the same thing at DWS? Maybe behind the south end zone towards the S.E. corner of the stadium. Since the new visiting locker room is in the North end zone we no longer have to concern ourselves with space there to accomodate the opponent's travel party. Just seems really cool to me...you could have a balcony at both ends of your loft. One overlooking Scott Field and one overlooking the Junction on gameday....I dunno...maybe I'm just getting carried away. Maybe the logistics would be a nightmare or maybe there's not as much space as I'm imagining. Thoughts?
    Last edited by K9 Avenger; 08-13-2014 at 03:24 PM.

vCash
    Any idea how much these lofts will be?

vCash
    I don't know if anything official has come out, but rumors are $40-50k/year

vCash
    Well, LSU had dorms in the stadium (to take advantage of state funds), so it wouldn't exactly be a brand new idea...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstrike2 View Post
    Any idea how much these lofts will be?
    No idea...i'm just really enamored of the whole concept. May not be workable at all.

vCash
    I've heard from a very reputable source that it will be between $50-$60k annually all in (monthly lease + maintenance fee).

vCash
    You take a $300K - $400K condo at a vacation resort for comparison and put it on a 10 year return at relatively low interest (2.5-3%) and it comes out to be $34K-$45K per year.

Banned
    vCash
    Dudy Gras is going to turn into the Neshoba County Fair of NE MS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rbdog82 View Post
    I've heard from a very reputable source that it will be between $50-$60k annually all in (monthly lease + maintenance fee).
    Yes.

The initial number was 50k rental annually plus a approximately a grand a month for expenses.

At 5 grand a month, would that make it the most expensive apartment in Mississippi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Yes.

The initial number was 50k rental annually plus a approximately a grand a month for expenses.

At 5 grand a month, would that make it the most expensive apartment in Mississippi?
    What kind of expenses does one of those have to rack up a $1,000/month charge?

I'm just trying to figure out who is going to drop that much coin to watch around 30 games/year. That comes out to well over a grand a game for what aren't exactly the best seats in the house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post

I'm just trying to figure out who is going to drop that much coin to watch around 30 games/year. That comes out to well over a grand a game for what aren't exactly the best seats in the house.
    Many will. It's actually a great seat. Kinda like the left field lounge has always been. I feel like those would be THE best seats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Many will. It's actually a great seat. Kinda like the left field lounge has always been. I feel like those would be THE best seats.
    I'll take your word for it and hope you're right. I have to assume they have done studies to know what the market price for those kind of apartments would go for.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Don't let me run across some coin. I'll be pimping one and pissing them off.

vCash
    Man this will be interesting to watch! $50K a year is nuts with no vested interest! They'll start high and lower the asking to find demand (if they have to of course)...... I guess there'd be no way to sale one on campus, itd have to be an annual lease

vCash
    It's a lot of money if you only use it for baseball....but if you use it on football weekends too, or to simply live in Starkville, it's not too bad. I mean, I can't come close to affording one, but people that are on a waiting list for football skyboxes could. It will be interesting to see exactly who buys them....but I have no doubt that they will be bought.

We have a lot of donors that donate between $50k and $500k every couple of years. It would be a way for them to get some vested interest if they donated $450 instead and bought a loft for them and their family to use whenever.

Hell, the way I see these parents buying college kids new Range Rovers and shit, I wouldn't be surprised if rich daddy's bought one for their college kid
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 08-13-2014 at 08:39 PM.

vCash

~ 35-40 baseball games/yr,
    ~ 18 basketball games/yr,
    7 football games/yr,
    any small sports or other reasons to be in Starkville...

People just paid $30g for endzone suites for 7 games that aren't exactly the best seats in the house as well. We've got money folks at MSU now -- and I have little doubt that we've got about half of these things sold in advance of this unveiling... I mean -- that arrangement is kinda a dream come true in baseball and football season...

vCash

Yeah. They should've done a market analysis before entering into such a major undertaking.

Banned
    vCash
    Most of us can't comprehend access to that kind of coin. Like Engie said there's money guys out there from our University. HOPEFULLY the dough from that will allow the current LFL rig spot owners to keep their spots pretty cheap. I am a firm believer that it is the PEOPLE that make the LFL, not the rigs. Same people, same spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Most of us can't comprehend access to that kind of coin. Like Engie said there's money guys out there from our University. HOPEFULLY the dough from that will allow the current LFL rig spot owners to keep their spots pretty cheap. I am a firm believer that it is the PEOPLE that make the LFL, not the rigs. Same people, same spots.
    It will be -- and that part will stay reasonably affordable. They are saying $800-1k per spot, which is totally fair IMO. That's the point of these lofts -- to make the $$ that they would otherwise have to charge for "premium" lounges in order to justify the redo.

We're going to quadruple or more the overall $$ that the baseball program brings in with this...I'll run a few $$ figures as we start to know numbers on loge and club seats...

Important to note that Stricklin said the numbers of skyboxes/lofts is not a solid number yet. Planning 50 with the ability to go much higher depending on demand. I'm thinking we need 30+ in the actual stadium -- and who knows how many lofts...

vCash
    Lofts for sale or yearly rent? Read $30000 to $60000 rent on a yearly basis. I'd buy one at a decent price but can't afford that!