Thread: Jacob Lindgren

vCash

Jacob Lindgren

The sample size is somewhat small, but his minor league stats are impressive up to this point.
    He is with his 3rd team now but his numbers have been very similar. Actually similar to what his season ending stats were this past year. Overall his era is 0.79 and is averaging around 18ks per 9 innings.
    I look for him to make a move again pretty soon. He recorded 5 outs today with 4 being strikeouts. He has given up just 1 run and 5 hits in 11.1 innings. He will get the chance soon to prove he is ready for the big leagues.

Banned
    vCash
    23 k's in 11 innings, that's stupid filthy

vCash
    Wild pitch count?

vCash

Just curious but do you know how many wp's he's thrown? I know last year

Collins was young and struggled catching him but some of those pitches no catcher in mlb could've caught.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Banned
    vCash
    He's thrown 4 wild pitches through 11 innings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    He's thrown 4 wild pitches through 11 innings
    Reference point...

Mike minor 3 wp's in 94 ip
    Teheran 1 wp in 149.1 ip

Kimbrel has 5 wp's in 41.2 ip
    Last edited by msstate7; 07-27-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    I was surprised they didn't just skip A+ ball for Lindgren and move him straight to AA after dominating his first two stops. It's only a matter of time until he's in the majors- hopefully he'll get there this year. We'll just have to see.

And in case you were wondering, Auston Bousfield is hitting .220 with no power in rookie ball. We've got some real genius baseball writers in MS.**

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Collins was young and struggled catching him but some of those pitches no catcher in mlb could've caught.
    Catching Lindgren last year is going to pay dividends for Collins in the future. He got baptized by fire, but Collins isn't the kind of player to mope and lose confidence. I know he worked his ass off at blocking balls during the season- so expect some big improvement next year in that area.

vCash

He's got closer stuff but he'll have to improve that before he'll be a

closer at the higher levels.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    I was surprised they didn't just skip A+ ball for Lindgren and move him straight to AA after dominating his first two stops. It's only a matter of time until he's in the majors- hopefully he'll get there this year. We'll just have to see.

And in case you were wondering, Auston Bousfield is hitting .220 with no power in rookie ball. We've got some real genius baseball writers in MS.**
    Agree 100% that state got hosed on that vote BUT it's not a "future as a pro" award it's for the best player in the state that yr. So in my opinion even tho they got it wrong pro stats don't add to the argument.

vCash
    Jacob is going to be a fast riser, and Jim Callis is one that was saying he might be the first draftee from the 2014 class to make it to the majors. I was hoping the Braves would take a strong look at him with their supplemental 1st round pick.

vCash
    I think Lindgren will be in AA soon if he continues to do well. And if he does well in AA, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he skips AAA and is called up in September.

It might depend on the Yankees situation in the pennant race at that time. But it would be huge if we could tell recruits- "hey, the first guy from the draft to make it up this year played at Mississippi State."

vCash
    It will depend on whether the Yankees are in contention. In contention = call up to help win. Not in contention = not getting called up in order to preserve service time.

My guess is that he'll get called up because 1. The Yankees always think their in contention and never mail it in. 2. Of all the organizations, they probably care the least about service time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It will depend on whether the Yankees are in contention. In contention = call up to help win. Not in contention = not getting called up in order to preserve service time.

My guess is that he'll get called up because 1. The Yankees always think their in contention and never mail it in. 2. Of all the organizations, they probably care the least about service time.
    Only team I see out of it already in the AL East is Boston. Red Sox are horrible this year and might be trading Lester for Kemp real soon. If the Dodgers add Lester to Kershaw, Grienke, Beckett, Ryu it is going to be awfully tough to beat the Dodgers in the playoffs. They have another stud OF in the minors Joc Pederson too and Van Slyke has deserved more PT for awhile now anyways so they won't miss paying Kemp 25 mill a year too bad. But back to Yankees talk, I think they will make some moves and give Jeter as much of a chance as they can to go out a winner. They've already added two SP to their rotation in McCarthy and Capuano and added Chase Headley so they are definitely acting like they think they've got just a good shot as anyone in the East to win. Yankees fans don't put up with throwing in the towel and rebuilding.

vCash
    Some of those wild pitches are passed balls. It's not his fault the catcher can't catch him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    Some of those wild pitches are passed balls. It's not his fault the catcher can't catch him.
    The official scorer should know the difference.

Jacob will benefit greatly from having a big league catcher though.