Thread: Cardinals sign Pierzynski

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash

Cardinals sign Pierzynski

Joins team in Chicago today, this could be a great addition for a run to the post season and hopefully a run in the playoffs with Yadi out.

Banned
    vCash
    Nice add, Pierzynski is a fierce competitor. Giants added Jake Peavy today.

vCash
    Means Ed Easley won't move up.

vCash
    Easley isn't on the 40 man roster. That's one reason why they aren't bringing him up. They would have to waive someone to put Easley on the 40 man.

vCash
    I like this move. Pierczynski is perfect for the situation that the Cardinals are in right now, plus he can hit.

I think there is a good chance Molina will be back by the end of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I like this move. Pierczynski is perfect for the situation that the Cardinals are in right now, plus he can hit.

I think there is a good chance Molina will be back by the end of the year.
    He also adds a nice DH option if they make it to the world series again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    He also adds a nice DH option if they make it to the world series again.
    True. Because Taveras hasn't looked like he is quite ready yet. Which means that with the current roster, Adams, Jay, and Craig are the best options which leaves a hole at DH. I'm expecting a trade at the deadline though, so we'll see what they do.

vCash
    True. Because Taveras hasn't looked like he is quite ready yet. Which means that with the current roster, Adams, Jay, and Craig are the best options which leaves a hole at DH. I'm expecting a trade at the deadline though, so we'll see what they do.
    What trade are you expecting?

vCash
    I thought it would be Peavy.... But obviously not the case now. David Price or Tulo would be nice, but those are probably pipe dreams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    I thought it would be Peavy.... But obviously not the case now. David Price or Tulo would be nice, but those are probably pipe dreams.
    I would take Tulo over Price so Peralta can slide to third and Carpenter goes back to second.

vCash
    I'm not expecting a specific player, but I do think that they will go after a starting pitcher. It won't be Peavey which is good news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    I think the Cardinals could pull Price. I'm not sure that it will happen, but I wouldn't say it's a pipe dream either.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm not expecting a specific player, but I do think that they will go after a starting pitcher. It won't be Peavey which is good news.
    Not a Peavey fan? He should improve going back to the NL and has a nice home park for pitchers.

vCash
    I would take Tulo over Price so Peralta can slide to third and Carpenter goes back to second.
    Wong has been on fire since coming of the DL. In his last 45 ABs, he's hitting .311, 5 HR, 8 RBI, 4 SB, 11 R, and a 1.078 OPS. Dude is killing it at 2B for the Cards. There's no reason at all to move him, unless you make him part of a deal for Tulo. Hell, I'd kill for that production at 2B for the Braves.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Not a Peavey fan? He should improve going back to the NL and has a nice home park for pitchers.
    I just think he is past his prime. Maybe a change of scenery will help him out though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Wong has been on fire since coming of the DL. In his last 45 ABs, he's hitting .311, 5 HR, 8 RBI, 4 SB, 11 R, and a 1.078 OPS. Dude is killing it at 2B for the Cards. There's no reason at all to move him, unless you make him part of a deal for Tulo. Hell, I'd kill for that production at 2B for the Braves.
    I agree about Wong and on top of that he is an outstanding defensive player. He's very athletic.

Banned
    vCash
    I just think he is past his prime. Maybe a change of scenery will help him out though.
    I love the add for the Giants. He's a former CY winner while at San Diego, he's only 33 so he should still have a couple years left, and he is just coming off winning a WS so he's got lots of experience. Not bad for a 5th starter. Makes me a little nervous about Matt Cain though.